Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
DA Camera Bag

Anybody ever seen this yet? It looks really neat and good for the pricing. It looks like it could hold a bit of gear and it seem to be high quality for just 75 bucks.

News: deviantART Presents: The dAPRO Camera Bag!

12-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Anybody ever seen this yet? It looks really neat and good for the pricing. It looks like it could hold a bit of gear and it seem to be high quality for just 75 bucks.

News: deviantART Presents: The dAPRO Camera Bag!
I know someone who has one but when i first saw it, it was amazed at it's size......it's tiny.....i just can't see the value in it IMO
12-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Really Ben Hunt? It looked larger than the Kata 3-n-1 20, by looking at the size of the guy wearing it on his back is larger than the Amazon customer pictures of the guy wearing the Kata 3-n-1 20.

EDIT: Yeah it's slightly smaller than the Kata 3-n-1 20. They sure did make it look big in the pictures.

Kata 3-n-1 20 is 23.5 x 19 x 44cm and 99 dollars.

The DA Bag is 23 x 18 x 38cm and 75 dollars.

So not too costly for it's price considering it's cheaper than the Kata 3-n-1 of similar size.

Last edited by LeDave; 12-19-2009 at 05:52 PM.
12-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Interesting bag. You can pick up a 3n1-20 for less on ebay from reputable sellers, even before bing cashback though.

Dave, have you checked out the 3n1 if you're in the market? I have the 30, got mine online before I knew they carried them at west photo in downtown MPLS.

While that deviant art bag looks nice, it doesn't look practical as a sling, making it a one-strap backpack. The only pluses I see are included straps for a tripod, and that it can be worn over either shoulder (which the 3n1 does as well, not to mention converting to a backpack!).

As far as reference to size for the 3n1 (all 3 of which have the same height and depth, just changing the width), the 30 swallows the k20/grip and 50-135 with hood extended easily, the 20 version would take it with the hood inverted. I love the 30, great for travel, but will probably be getting a smaller bag for a carry around kx kit; the 30 is too big for everyday use, I probably should've purchased the 20 in retrospect but am happy with it none-the-less.

12-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nope I haven't seen any 3n1's in real life before, only on the internet from photos. I've also never heard of West Photo before, I just Googled it up now and it looks like it would have some interesting things. I've only been to National Camera Exchange before and they had a ton of stuff including a lot of used K-mount MF lenses as well as some AF ones. How does the prices on West Photo compared to National Camera Exchange? And do they sell any Pentax gear? From their website they've listed nothing about Pentax.

Also it's nice to hear that the 3n1 could be found cheaper on eBay and that the 20 can fit the 50-135 mounted on a K20D w/o hood. Do you think it would be able to fit a Tamron 70-200 mounted on a K-7 w/o any hood?