Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Forum Member

Can you recommend a good bag like this one..

These are the bags where I house most of my Canon gear in. I would like something very similar for my Pentax. I don't want a backpack or a sling, and it needs to be large enough to hold my 20D with a zoom lens attached, and another 2-4 lenses, filters, battery charging equipment, etc. Any thoughts? I've been looking at camera bags so much I think I'm crosseyed! Thanks in advance.

Canon | 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag | 9320A003 | B&H Photo Video

12-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nitrox28 Quote
These are the bags where I house most of my Canon gear in. I would like something very similar for my Pentax. I don't want a backpack or a sling, and it needs to be large enough to hold my 20D with a zoom lens attached, and another 2-4 lenses, filters, battery charging equipment, etc. Any thoughts? I've been looking at camera bags so much I think I'm crosseyed! Thanks in advance.
Well, there's nothing wrong with those Canon bags, if that's what you'd like. (You might want to pull the name-tag off, not because there's any inherent brand-incompatibility, but because Canon is a name brand preferred by thieves.)

Still, you can get into the Lowepro Nova series for that kind of money, and I love those: have two sizes of them, myself: the only difference is the lack of film pockets on the sides, they have little expandey mesh you can tuck a cell phone or other things in there. So you can either carry a smaller-looking bag or get one which has more interior space. If you don't mind it actually looking rather like a camera bag, I'm sure you can find something for about that same sort of size-price curve on Ebay. (I get my stuff from a particular seller there, they sell lots of new and NOS stock from Lowepro, under two 'store' names: one is pretty much just their photo stuff, the other is also outdoorsey stuff. At least last I looked. Anyway, if you search on Lowepro Nova on Ebay, you should find them.

A lot of other companies than Lowepro make stuff like this. Things that actually look like camera bags are somewhat out of fashion, but there's plenty of quality products. (Lowepro will be somewhat better quality than those Canon ones (Not that those really seem crappy or anything: I've seen them around) and I like the designs.
12-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am with the Ratmagical Lady: LowePro Nova series bags. Give those a look and bring your equipment with you to see, which size fits best. There are several advantages of that Canon bag: additional zipper, so that equipment is better protected, the included rain cover and generally the really high quality manufacturing of LowePro. My Nova 4 must be around 10 years old now and still shows no signs of excessive wear. What I especially like is the possibility to carry it on a belt as a waiste pack, together with additional lens pouches.

Ben