Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #1

Best glove for photography?

I'm sure many of you guys are experiencing the major snow storm on the East Coast of the United States right now, and I'm also sure that many of you guys, like me, are trying to make the most of it by running out into the cold and snapping off as many pictures as possible. I just got back from my second outing into the storm here in Manhattan and both times have had to turn back because my hands were failing me. I need to invest in a good pair of gloves and was wondering what you guys wear when you take photographs in frigid conditions.

edit: now that i think about it, my subject for this post should read "gloves" not "glove." All the further proof that my fingers have still not regained their dexterity after coming in from the cold.

12-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
look at this post

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/field-accessories/83434-what-gloves-keep-...ands-warm.html
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much!
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

Back when I lived in Yonkers I only had a motorcycle during a very, very cold winter. So I had these motorcycle gauntlet gloves that were warm. And were great for shooting.

12-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Back when I lived in Yonkers I only had a motorcycle
I have that image of you on a motorcycle in my mind. Kind of scary.
12-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have found that snug fitting fleece gloves give a pretty decent feel for the camera and are fairly warm. They also dry very quickly if they get wet. Gloves are always a compromise of sorts and what one person likes, someone else will have difficulty with. I'm a mechanic and I have to work outside in some pretty awful conditions at times. I have several pairs of gloves and which pair I will wear depends on what I am doing. You should always have a very warm and water-resistant pair along for when you are not handling the camera and those little Handwarmer packs you can buy work very well.
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Closed as there is a 'more frequented' thread on the same subject, link in Post#2 above.

Closed Thread