Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

RRS plate options for K200D?

Hello. I just bought a mint condition used K200D for my wife for Christmas, so we can share lenses and I can see my K10D again.

For tripod work my K10D and ballhead use a Really Right Stuff plate and clamp. Are there any Arca-style plates for the K200D? I haven't been able to find anything so far.

RRS seems to make a "generic camera" plate. Anyone used this with a K200D?

Thanks in advance.

12-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The old generic fit B21 should do. Since I haven't the K200D, I am uncertain. The current B24 doesn't fit the K-m/K2000 because the rear anti-twist sits too high.
12-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When I bought my stuff from RRS I called them because I had a few questions. Their staff are very knowledgeable and I'm sure could answer your question. They are great people to do business with.
12-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Kirk makes a plate for the istDS. It might be close enough to be a good option. I suppose the RRS option would be the plate for the istD. Markins has a plate for the K100D, a plate for the istD, and a plate for the istDS/istDL

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 12-22-2009 at 04:20 AM.
12-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an Acratech plate (Arca-style) for my K20 ($39) that I moved to the K100 when I picked up an L bracket (from Kirk). It fits fine and works perfectly.

The folks at RRS would know for sure.

Quick Release Camera Plates*::*Acratech

12-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies.

I have the K10/K20 plate from RRS, and it definitely doesn't fit the K200D. But I've emailed RRS to ask which of their generic plates will work best. I'll post their response in case anyone else comes looking for the info.

Cheers,
Jos

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I have an Acratech plate (Arca-style) for my K20 ($39) that I moved to the K100 when I picked up an L bracket (from Kirk). It fits fine and works perfectly.

The folks at RRS would know for sure.

Quick Release Camera Plates*::*Acratech

01-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Really Right Stuff replied to my question with the following:
"the B21 plate is now discontinued and was replaced by our BP-CS plate. This plate typically fits most film cameras."
Anyone happen to know how well this will fit a K200D? I am concerned about the height of the rear lip.

Cheers,
Jos
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'd be interested in knowing which plate I can put on my K200D to use with an RRS clamp as well...

12-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #9
Banned

Are you using the lever clamp or a standard screw clamp on your head?

Acratech has the Quick Release Plate 2138

This plate, with some minor modifications will fit the K200. I find that the rear edge is a bit high and pushes against the camera housing. It took me less than 5 minutes with a small file to round the edge and it fits fine now. You cannot even see the place where I filed when it is on the camera.

B&H sells these plates usually.

I use a Kirk BH 1 ball head and it works fine, but if you are using a lever clamp from RRS, it may not work. They recommend only their plates for the lever clamp system if I recall.

Last edited by AGWoodard; 12-04-2010 at 06:18 AM.
12-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I dont actually have an RRS clamp at the moment, but thought they looked nice. But thanks for the plate recommendation... could be quite useful for any of the compatible head options.
12-28-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I can confirm that the BP-CS plate from RRS fits the K200D perfectly.

The best way to use it is mounting it "backwards" - positioning the raised lip at the front edge of the camera, under the lens mount, not the rear. Mounting it this way keeps the plate clear of the battery compartment hatch, and works with the raised lip better. The only drawback is that it places the plate's strap lug on the left side, which would be a problem if you want to use it with a wrist strap.
12-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogartist Quote
I can confirm that the BP-CS plate from RRS fits the K200D perfectly.

The best way to use it is mounting it "backwards" - positioning the raised lip at the front edge of the camera, under the lens mount, not the rear. Mounting it this way keeps the plate clear of the battery compartment hatch, and works with the raised lip better. The only drawback is that it places the plate's strap lug on the left side, which would be a problem if you want to use it with a wrist strap.
Cool, thanks for reporting back!