Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Free Pentax Sling Bag

BH photovideo is really top notch. About 2 weeks ago I ordered the K7 kit with 18-55 WR a Sigma 18-50 EX DC and Pentax 55-300. So I received my stuff 3 days later and they included free of charge a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB card and a super-cool Pentax slin bag that fits all of the aformentioned stuff perfectly. I was pretty surprised as this was not advertised as part of the package.

I have nothing but good things to say about BH.

Last edited by Workingdog; 12-21-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: The darned "o" on my keyboard sometimes doesn't take
12-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you all bought that from me, I would throw-in free stuff too!
The stuff that where freebees actually cost peanuts compared to what have been your total for that kit!
Enjoy!

For me, I no longer buy from B&H because of a bad order.
They did it to me twice and a third time would make me really-really dumb!
Item I bought from them costed much less than the shipping I had to do to return the item only to get back the same defective item with more missing parts than the first item I returned!
Never again!
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

heh, yeah I tend to avoid them due to a bad order too. Not camera related though, an MP3 player which was sold without a proprietary battery, which was clearly listed as being included in the documentation - I even got an email from the manufacturer stating as such, and they still denied it all the while trying to make me buy one. Surprised it happened, and I think it may have been a straight-from-the-factory missing accessory (i.e. I do not believe that it was done intentionally, like some of the really dishonest retailers you can find out of NYC), but my direct over the phone contact with them soured it for me.
12-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #4

Workingdog, I outdid you. I got a free 4GB memory card along with the free sling bag on my K-7/18-55WR/50-200WR order. Very pleased with BH's prices and service. The sling bag is handy and meets my needs for now.

12-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
If you all bought that from me, I would throw-in free stuff too!
The stuff that where freebees actually cost peanuts compared to what have been your total for that kit!
Enjoy!

For me, I no longer buy from B&H because of a bad order.
They did it to me twice and a third time would make me really-really dumb!
Item I bought from them costed much less than the shipping I had to do to return the item only to get back the same defective item with more missing parts than the first item I returned!
Never again!
Lol agree with you, I bought a umbrella lighting kit from them and both lightbulbs that came with the kit were broken. So I went on live chat with them and they sent me new bulbs, only to be the wrong bulbs when they arrived. =/
12-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PropFan Quote
Workingdog, I outdid you. I got a free 4GB memory card along with the free sling bag on my K-7/18-55WR/50-200WR order. Very pleased with BH's prices and service. The sling bag is handy and meets my needs for now.
Welcome to the forums PropFan!
Maybe you paid a dollar extra more than Workingdog did!
12-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
heh, yeah I tend to avoid them due to a bad order too. Not camera related though, an MP3 player which was sold without a proprietary battery, which was clearly listed as being included in the documentation - I even got an email from the manufacturer stating as such, and they still denied it all the while trying to make me buy one. Surprised it happened, and I think it may have been a straight-from-the-factory missing accessory (i.e. I do not believe that it was done intentionally, like some of the really dishonest retailers you can find out of NYC), but my direct over the phone contact with them soured it for me.
This is almost exact to what happened to me.
I told them I only needed to be sent the missing parts and it was specifically mentioned on the item that it should have those included.
They had me send the item back instead only to send me the same one but now with more items missing and I had to buy it from them to complete my item.
Funny how suddenly, the missing part they had for a marked down sale????

12-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Lol agree with you, I bought a umbrella lighting kit from them and both lightbulbs that came with the kit were broken. So I went on live chat with them and they sent me new bulbs, only to be the wrong bulbs when they arrived. =/
Sucks!
12-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Do all the freebies mean they are selling for to a high a price? There must be quite a margin for them to be able to afford this. Wouldn't it be better they gave you a monetary rebate, or better, sold the ordered items for less?

Still a nice move, just not sure I'd want a sling bag if I had one already.
12-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #10
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
BH photovideo is really top notch ... I have nothing but good things to say about BH.
Thank you. We appreciate this and we're glad you're so pleased.

@GerryL @pxpaulx
I am sorry for your dissatisfaction. I am unable to ID you or your transactions from the info available here. Feel free to email me with order info and I will see what there is to be seen.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Do all the freebies mean they are selling for to a high a price? There must be quite a margin for them to be able to afford this. Wouldn't it be better they gave you a monetary rebate, or better, sold the ordered items for less?
The "freebies" do NOT mean we're selling for too high a price and the freebies are not necessarily a dollar-for-dollar exchange for a lower price. It sometimes means the retailer or manufacturer has joined a cross-brand promo partially funded in part on in whole by the various brands represented in the package.
12-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #11

Henry, I sent you an email about something pretty related to this.

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Henry for your quick response and solution.

Last edited by jonathan1984; 12-23-2009 at 09:33 AM.
12-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just don't let the Sling Bag get wet.
12-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
@GerryL @pxpaulx
I am sorry for your dissatisfaction. I am unable to ID you or your transactions from the info available here. Feel free to email me with order info and I will see what there is to be seen.
E-mailed you as requested.
Thanks for actually giving it some time to look into it.