Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Pentaxian

lowepro lens case for DA 55-300?

I want to get a Lowpero lens case with sliplock so that I can attach it to the Rezo 160 shoulder bag I use for my gear. I plan to store the 55-300 in the case so I can use the extra space in the bag for other things.

Can anyone tell me if there is a case to fit this lens? Iīve checked all the #1 cases & some are wide enough (even with reversed hood) but seem to be too short by a cm or so. The #2 case is wide enough but far too tall. Surely this lens is about the same size as all the other cheap-ish 55-300 lenses from other manufacturers & there must be a case to fit it? I have the Pentax case that came with the lens but itīs really not strong enough to be used unless inside another bag, plus it has no strap to attach it to anything.

Maybe all the new K-x owners with the two-lens kit would also appreciate this knowledge?

Many thanks

12-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's a Lowepro 1W case alongside my K10 for comparison.

The lens inside is an old Vivitar that's 140mm long x 75mm diameter, I think your lens is 111mm x 71mm.

I like the few extra mm in the case, I store filters in the bottom and then put a small piece of high density foam in to protect the lens and the filters.

These Lowepro cases are very good value and versatile. I use a lot of them.