Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #16

Original Poster
I think I might have the answer why my Imedions don't perform as expected and get drained too fast.

I do have a good charger MH-C9000, but after the full charge is done, the voltage is around 1.4V, while mAh is only about 350-360mAh. The camera constantly goes to orange indicator after a couple of dozen shots. I suspect the batteries had been sitting around longer than I thought and need a good refresh and analyze cycle or two. Or perhaps a full burn in?

Any experts on this?

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/mhc9000faq.asp

Last edited by maxmagnum; 12-26-2009 at 02:09 AM.
12-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by maxmagnum Quote
I think I might have the answer why my Imedions don't perform as expected and get drained too fast.

I do have a good charger MH-C9000, but after the full charge is done, the voltage is around 1.4V, while mAh is only about 350-360mAh. The camera constantly goes to orange indicator after a couple of dozen shots. I suspect the batteries had been sitting around longer than I thought and need a good refresh and analyze cycle or two. Or perhaps a full burn in?

Any experts on this?

Maha / Powerex Corporate Site : NiMh Batteries and Chargers from Powerex, Digital Cameras from Maha, Powerex 2200 Rechargeable Batteries and Chargers, AA, nimh, lithium ion, 2000 mah, 2200mah, charger, battery
I would just use the batteries until the camera turns off, unless you're in a situation where that's unacceptable, in which case I'd change them after the indicator has been red for a while. It's probably worthwhile exhausting them a few times to get an approximate idea of how long your batteries can power your camera after the indicator goes red. Mine can go quite a long time, so I don't rush to change them.

Any "voltage depression" issues caused by non-use will probably get fixed just as effectively after a few such deep usage cycles and you'll have the use of your camera, batteries and charger all that time (40 hrs for a break-in cycle is a long time). It might be worthwhile running a discharge cycle on the C9000 when you pull them from the camera the first time. (If you do decide on a full break-in cycle, make sure you discharge them completely on the charger first.)

You might also want to clean/polish your battery terminals with a white pencil eraser. One set of old batteries started performing a lot better after I did that (when using the original firmware).
12-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #18

Original Poster
You live and learn. Today, I did a refresh & analyze and whaddya know! I got over 2000mAh after the full cycle was over. Very curious to see what I get NOW in terms of longevity and number of shots.
12-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #19

Good reading.

6,560 FLASH POPS LATER: The Results of "AA" Rechargeable Battery Tests - Canon Digital Photography Forums