Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Damn Brit
Guest




Remote Control F. What's wrong with this picture?

Remote Control F from Ritz Camera $5.99 - Shipping $9.95

Amazon.com: Pentax Remote Control F for Pentax Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo


I put 3 in my cart and at checkout shipping totaled $15.95 for all three.

Now this is still a pretty good deal all in all but $15.95 to ship 3 of those tiny little things?

01-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
kyc
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 68
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Remote Control F from Ritz Camera $5.99 - Shipping $9.95

Amazon.com: Pentax Remote Control F for Pentax Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo


I put 3 in my cart and at checkout shipping totaled $15.95 for all three.

Now this is still a pretty good deal all in all but $15.95 to ship 3 of those tiny little things?

A better deal would be here:
Pentax Remote Control F - for All IQ Zoom and Optio Cameras with Remote Capability | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

I found this a few years ago while looking for a Pentax remote control. Shipping is $5 (rounded) so total cost is $10. If I recall, they require orders to be above a certain amount, so I ended up ordering a cheap filter also. They don't have much Pentax stuff but the remote control was the best price available and appears to be still!

--KYC
01-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by kyc Quote
A better deal would be here:
Pentax Remote Control F - for All IQ Zoom and Optio Cameras with Remote Capability | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

I found this a few years ago while looking for a Pentax remote control. Shipping is $5 (rounded) so total cost is $10. If I recall, they require orders to be above a certain amount, so I ended up ordering a cheap filter also. They don't have much Pentax stuff but the remote control was the best price available and appears to be still!

--KYC
Got mine there a couple years back as well - still one of the better deals, you can sell the others and cover most of the cost. Of course they were cheapest when ritz was going OOB and everyone was selling a dozen of them in the marketplace!
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
These are great prices since they are so small that if you lose one, then you got 2 more spares!

01-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian
LeDave's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis - St. Paul
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,904
Wow great deal indeed, they didn't think their plan out too well, but what can I say? It's Ritz. They up'd the shipping cost to compensate for their main cost, but when you buy more than one, they'll be the ones that are losing out. Nice find.
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,476
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
These are great prices since they are so small that if you lose one, then you got 2 more spares!
I'd be tempted to have a bunch around if I used them more at this point. Maybe one on a cord around my neck, or on my bag somewhere, stuck to tripod, etc.
01-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Now this is still a pretty good deal all in all but $15.95 to ship 3 of those tiny little things?
They are selling these things from their dedicated storefront for the same amount.

Find a Ritz store local to you, and they should honor this price. Typically, they will get stock from other stores if they do not have them locally. I've never been charged the shipping when this is done. I got a battery grip for 49.00 from them back when they were clearing, and it was shipped from the boonies somewhere.

No charge for shipping. It's worth a try. Better hurry though, because my local Ritz is on the way home...

woof!
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
I went to my local Ritz. They were able to get this stock number for $7.20 shipped. $1.25 more than listed online. No shipping charge... or perhaps think of the $1.25 as a shipping charge because that probably really is what it is.

woof!

01-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
I went to my local Ritz. They were able to get this stock number for $7.20 shipped. $1.25 more than listed online. No shipping charge... or perhaps think of the $1.25 as a shipping charge because that probably really is what it is.

woof!
Wait. There are actually still ritz cameras in existence? They are all gone here (MN).
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, control, pentax, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote control for Pentax: PocketPC app. (alternate to Pentax remote) dragonfly Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 08-12-2010 10:22 AM
What is wrong with this picture? jatrax Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 20 07-12-2010 11:31 PM
Remote control jaab Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 18 01-04-2009 01:08 PM
What's wrong with this picture? germar Pentax Film SLR Discussion 35 08-14-2008 01:29 AM
What's wrong with this picture Workingdog Post Your Photos! 5 01-04-2008 08:48 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top