Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Damn Brit

Remote Control F. What's wrong with this picture?

Remote Control F from Ritz Camera $5.99 - Shipping $9.95

Amazon.com: Pentax Remote Control F for Pentax Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

I put 3 in my cart and at checkout shipping totaled $15.95 for all three.

Now this is still a pretty good deal all in all but $15.95 to ship 3 of those tiny little things?

01-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
kyc
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Remote Control F from Ritz Camera $5.99 - Shipping $9.95

Amazon.com: Pentax Remote Control F for Pentax Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

I put 3 in my cart and at checkout shipping totaled $15.95 for all three.

Now this is still a pretty good deal all in all but $15.95 to ship 3 of those tiny little things?

A better deal would be here:
Pentax Remote Control F - for All IQ Zoom and Optio Cameras with Remote Capability | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

I found this a few years ago while looking for a Pentax remote control. Shipping is $5 (rounded) so total cost is $10. If I recall, they require orders to be above a certain amount, so I ended up ordering a cheap filter also. They don't have much Pentax stuff but the remote control was the best price available and appears to be still!

--KYC
01-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyc Quote
A better deal would be here:
Pentax Remote Control F - for All IQ Zoom and Optio Cameras with Remote Capability | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

I found this a few years ago while looking for a Pentax remote control. Shipping is $5 (rounded) so total cost is $10. If I recall, they require orders to be above a certain amount, so I ended up ordering a cheap filter also. They don't have much Pentax stuff but the remote control was the best price available and appears to be still!

--KYC
Got mine there a couple years back as well - still one of the better deals, you can sell the others and cover most of the cost. Of course they were cheapest when ritz was going OOB and everyone was selling a dozen of them in the marketplace!
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

These are great prices since they are so small that if you lose one, then you got 2 more spares!

01-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow great deal indeed, they didn't think their plan out too well, but what can I say? It's Ritz. They up'd the shipping cost to compensate for their main cost, but when you buy more than one, they'll be the ones that are losing out. Nice find.
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
These are great prices since they are so small that if you lose one, then you got 2 more spares!
I'd be tempted to have a bunch around if I used them more at this point. Maybe one on a cord around my neck, or on my bag somewhere, stuck to tripod, etc.
01-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
They are selling these things from their dedicated storefront for the same amount.

Find a Ritz store local to you, and they should honor this price. Typically, they will get stock from other stores if they do not have them locally. I've never been charged the shipping when this is done. I got a battery grip for 49.00 from them back when they were clearing, and it was shipped from the boonies somewhere.

No charge for shipping. It's worth a try. Better hurry though, because my local Ritz is on the way home...

woof!

01-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I went to my local Ritz. They were able to get this stock number for $7.20 shipped. $1.25 more than listed online. No shipping charge... or perhaps think of the $1.25 as a shipping charge because that probably really is what it is.

woof!
01-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
I went to my local Ritz. They were able to get this stock number for $7.20 shipped. $1.25 more than listed online. No shipping charge... or perhaps think of the $1.25 as a shipping charge because that probably really is what it is.

woof!
Wait. There are actually still ritz cameras in existence? They are all gone here (MN).