Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

lowepro fastpack 250 bag

this looks like a pretty handy bag for Camera/lens/laptop.

Anyone here use this bag? Your impressions Likes/Dislikes?

It's the inquiring minds thing.

01-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the 350 and love it. The only complaint is that the grab handle at the top is a little small and I wish that the waist strap was detachable.

The sling bag access works great.

Tim
01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I use the Fastpack 200 and have for some time. It's been my favorite bag.

I like how you can customize the inside compartments, but my favorite thing is the quick and easy access to the camera.

My only dislike is I wish the bag was about a half inch deeper. With the grip on my K10D it fits nice, but adding a quick release tripod mount to the bottom makes it too tight for my comfort.
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks,

Just ordered the 250. If it fits my needs, probably have a couple of backpacks for sale.

01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Fastpack 250 arrived today. and...... It is huge. Definitely room for my K20D, 3 extra lenses and a bunch of accessories. The only thing I see so far that I'm not crazy about is that it could use a few more "Hidey Holes" inside the bag.

Pleent of room, however, for the Photographic equipment and laptop w/accessories. I agree with atupdate that it would be nice if the waist strap were detachable. My wife sews so that may be something that happens.

I'll put a full evaluation in the proper place after I've had a chance to use it for 3 - 4 weeks.
01-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't know the fastpacks have waist straps...I am fairly sure I got the Fastpack200 and it didn't come with a waist strap. I wish it has some cubby holes for small lenses as well.
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I do too, but it sure fits most of things I want to take with me well. I think the waist straps only come with the bags that fit laptops too. I have the 200 and no waist straps.

01-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I fasten my waist strap around the body of the bag and clip it under the front flap. If you do this loose enough, you can still access the sling bag opening without having to set the bag down.

Tim
01-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I think my 250 is great. The top compartment for either more gear or a sweatshirt is very handy. I was on a walk recently when my camera battery died, I managed to change batteries without stopping or taking the pack off my back! And the alternative of the waist strap is good. The Kata 3N1 30 looks good too, maybe better? Hmmmmm.....
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #10

I chose the Fastpack 250 over the 200. I'm not planning on using the laptop sleeve for my laptop. Instead, the laptop sleeve is the right size for a change of clothes and some toiletries when traveling. While at home, my monopod fits in this space.
01-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I recently used my Fastpack 250 for a trip to LegoLand. The waist strap was a huge help. I was able to shift the weight back and forth between my shoulders and hips throughout the day. It may get in the way for little trips, but if you've got to haul a heavy bag around all day, you'll be glad you have the waist strap.
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ScottRay Quote
While at home, my monopod fits in this space.
Ditto!

I also use it for my home made bounce cards - keeps them nice and flat.

The only thing missing is a waterproof cover.