Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
Paul,
Yes, of course you are right. I was just adding a different option that I can attest to.
That's the L-bracket I use, as I noted above and there is the "junior" version, which features the 200 dovetail plate instead of the hex-plates, see the link in my post above.

Ben

01-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
That's the L-bracket I use, as I noted above and there is the "junior" version, which features the 200 dovetail plate instead of the hex-plates, see the link in my post above.

Ben
It would be nice if it was Arca-Swiss compatible. Giottos makes an Arca-Swiss generic, but it is not really finished out for permanent camera mount. Giottos | MH-680 VR L Shaped Sliding Quick Release Plate | MH680

Steve
01-13-2010, 01:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It would be nice if it was Arca-Swiss compatible. Giottos makes an Arca-Swiss generic, but it is not really finished out for permanent camera mount. Giottos | MH-680 VR L Shaped Sliding Quick Release Plate | MH680

Steve
I have no idea, whether the Manfrotto plates fit into an Arca-style clamp, as I have been using the hexagopns for more than 20 years know. I think, I have read somehwere that they would fit, but there are so many people here using these Manfrotto plates, that somebody should be able to verify that.

Ben
01-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #19
Forum Member

http://www.sunwayphoto.com
They make generic l-plates but they want about 85USD for it. Looks nice though.

Marcin

01-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Has anyone purchased anything from Sunwayphoto? Their web site had no order page, no pricing info....I sent them an E mail, but is there a US Distributor? I did not find them on E Pray either.
01-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
Forum Member

I haven't bought anything from them yet but contacted the sales and they replied very politely offering me to send whatever I wanted directly from the factory. I also got a pdf with prices that I can share if anyone interested.
I think some user on fredmiranda forums have bought stuff from them and are quite satisfied, sorry don't recall the name right know.
BTW I have no relationship with Sunwayphoto other than I am interested in some of their products.

Marcin
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon F4 Camera holder is good for K10, K20

The "L" bracket Canon F4 fits the K10 and K20 almost is if it is meant for it.

The upright portion is on the user's left of the camera and does not block the door to the cable release. The base and sides of the body fit perfectly within the cradle of the bracket. The only downside is that the cradle of the bracket come very close to the AF/MF switch on the lens mount, but does not touch it. It retains its full range of motion. Access to the grip is not blocked.

I have the Manfrotto QR plates attached on the bottom and side of the bracket.

Please excuse the quality of the photos. I used my cell phone camera. My K20 was the subject of the photos!

p.s. This is the Canon F4 Camera holder. I have never seen an F3 holder or an F holder. The F2 holder has the bracket on the wrong side. The "Canon Camera Holder is for the old style RF cameras from the '40s and '50s. It won't work. The "Canon L" bracket is for the Canon 7. It also won't work.

p.p.s. The guys on the Canon film list will be mad at me!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SCH-U430  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SCH-U430  Photo     
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by marcinski Quote
I haven't bought anything from them yet but contacted the sales and they replied very politely offering me to send whatever I wanted directly from the factory. I also got a pdf with prices that I can share if anyone interested.
I think some user on fredmiranda forums have bought stuff from them and are quite satisfied, sorry don't recall the name right know.
BTW I have no relationship with Sunwayphoto other than I am interested in some of their products.

Marcin
I just took a look at Sunway's web site. The products look impressive. I would be interested in the price list. I think you can attach it to a PM.

Steve
01-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
The "L" bracket Canon F4 fits the K10 and K20 almost is if it is meant for it.

p.s. This is the Canon F4 Camera holder. I have never seen an F3 holder or an F holder. The F2 holder has the bracket on the wrong side. The "Canon Camera Holder is for the old style RF cameras from the '40s and '50s. It won't work. The "Canon L" bracket is for the Canon 7. It also won't work.

p.p.s. The guys on the Canon film list will be mad at me!
Hey, I'm not the only Canon FD shooter over here in Pentaxland. I waited years for the gold and red box that said 'Canon Digital Back FN... But it just never came.

At a guess, that must have been made for the F-1N: one thing I've noticed is that most of the dimensions are actually just about identical to my K20d. If you're intensely-curious, Xerox the bracket and I could fit it to most of the likely suspects.
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #25
Inactive Account

I received an e mail back from Sunwayphoto. The quoted a price of $87.00 for the L plates. They also included a price list in a pdf file. I'd be happy to forward it if you would like a copy.

wild_images at comcast dot net
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, I'm not the only Canon FD shooter over here in Pentaxland. I waited years for the gold and red box that said 'Canon Digital Back FN... But it just never came.

At a guess, that must have been made for the F-1N: one thing I've noticed is that most of the dimensions are actually just about identical to my K20d. If you're intensely-curious, Xerox the bracket and I could fit it to most of the likely suspects.
I'm still waiting for that red and gold box too!

I used the bracket for my F1Ns and T90s

I'll Xerox the bracket and post the jpegs tonight. The bracket show up from time to time on eBay for about $20-$25.