Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone use the Interfit 8.5 ft Air Cushioned Light Stand?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am thinking to get two light stands for my flashes and the pop up 16" softbox, I see them in Mideast photo ex. Looks like a good price, but I have no way of telling if they are good/stable enough or not..

Anyone review theirs?

Here is the list btw: http://www.mpex.com/browse.cfm/4,11667.html

01-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Have you messed with lightstands much? I'm just getting started, and got a 13' Savage cheapie. A mistake as a starter model; it's built to hold something much heavier than a hot-shoe flash, and is thus a monster compared to the rest of my camera kit.

Point is, I doubt almost any standard light stand will even notice the flash on top of it.
01-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

awaiting anybodies answer - have been looking at this myself today - haven't been able to find much info on them.

Cheryl
01-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Inactive Account

LumoPro

Just letting you know that the conclusion of my research was to either go for the LumoPro LP604 5-Section 6ft Stand or the LumoPro 8' Black A/C Stand.

People seem to refer to Interfit as being a cheap brand.

01-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've got a pair of the Interfits. Bought them 18mos ago when I got my first strobist stuff from MPEX. They're certainly good enough for shoe flash work.

Just keep in mind they ARE Lightweight stands; don't expect them to stay upright extended with a monoblock and softbox.
01-22-2010, 04:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I bought a pair at a closing Ritz camera. I have the 750 model, not the 751 in your link. They work well for what I'm using them for.

I bought these to use on the stands:
Softbox for Speedlight Flashlight Portable Flash Stand - US $40 free shipping

Same idea but more expensive at US $154
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEJ4xdtQMFw&feature=related

Ebay version doesn't have the inner diffuser and is a little smaller at 20x20 inch verses 24x24 inches, but does come with the ball head attachment that is not included in this version.

I also have one of these:
Flashpoint SoftBox, Fluorescent Light Unit w/AC Plug US $55 + Shipping

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 01-22-2010 at 04:08 AM.
01-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
I bought a pair at a closing Ritz camera. I have the 750 model, not the 751 in your link. They work well for what I'm using them for.

I bought these to use on the stands:
Softbox for Speedlight Flashlight Portable Flash Stand - US $40 free shipping

Thank you
Russell
Russell, that's look almost the same as the one I am using. I got mine with a friend went to HK for vacation.it has the inner diffuser and the ball head mount to light stand. for $40 Can.

So I guess the lightstands will do the job then thanks everyone.