Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
JJC RM-E7 doesn't work right.

Necro-bump!

Just bought my fiancee the RM-E7 for her K-X after reading a few reviews saying that the E7 would handle auto-focus.

It doesn't.

Is there a remote that DOES work for this that doesn't break the bank?

Also: not entirely happy that this camera doesn't have an IR receiver on the back of it. Probably something i should have checked before i bought it for her.

[EDIT]

Apparently this noob didn't search quite as much as he should have.

AF mode (menu > C2 > item 11) is now turned on. :P

More questions as we're learning later!

Last edited by concealer404; 12-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.
12-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by concealer404 Quote
Necro-bump!

Just bought my fiancee the RM-E7 for his K-X after reading a few reviews saying that the E7 would handle auto-focus.

It doesn't.

Is there a remote that DOES work for this that doesn't break the bank?

Also: not entirely happy that this camera doesn't have an IR receiver on the back of it. Probably something i should have checked before i bought it for her.

[EDIT]

Apparently this noob didn't search quite as much as he should have.

AF mode (menu > C2 > item 11) is now turned on. :P

More questions as we're learning later!
It's a nice little remote. I have 3 (one for each bag) and they work like a charm with both the K-x and the K5. When I've done macro work with the K-x I've put a wee reflector in front and the remote works like a charm from behind too. Not always convenient when you're not on a tripod but I thought I'd throw that out there for you. Welcome Aboard and Merry Christmas!
12-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks a lot for the tip!!

And apparently work has destroyed my brain... i typed that post. I'm a male. My fiancee is female. Whoopsies. :P

What sort of reflector? Just a small mirror? Trial and error to get the right angle going?
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by concealer404 Quote
Thanks a lot for the tip!!

And apparently work has destroyed my brain... i typed that post. I'm a male. My fiancee is female. Whoopsies. :P

What sort of reflector? Just a small mirror? Trial and error to get the right angle going?
No problem. In a pinch a piece of foil has worked.