Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

Question regarding D-BG2 Grip

My wife recently purchased a Pentax D-BG2 grip for my K20d, and I noticed (after gleefully putting a charged battery into the grip) that neither the green button nor the shutter button function correctly. The aperature and shutter speed can be adjusted using the rear dials and I can select the battery for the grip through the menu options - so I know the grip is powered and operational.

The green button, when depressed on the grip, does not adjust the exposure. I have to use the green button on the camera to reset the exposure.

Then, I noticed that I can only take a picture with the shutter release button. Typically, on the body, when depressed half-way, the shutter should auto focus on the designated spot. However, this does not occur. I can take a picture with it, but I cannot focus using the grip.

One other thing I noticed, I cannot activate the live-view from the D-BG2. Actually, I really don't care about this but it is another issue.

So ... what gives? Am I totally missing the point of the grip or is something amiss? Any help would be appreciated.

01-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Take a look at the pins. Are they in good shape, springy, and all the same height? Take a look at the bottom connector of the camera, any glaze, dirt, ...

Thank you
Russell
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ensure that all 4 e-dials (2 on the body and 2 on the grip) are correctly adjusted, not "caught" between stops. It has been reported that with the grip munted, when an e-dial is "between" detents, especially on the grip, there is interference with some functions on the body such as you describe.
01-28-2010, 04:01 AM   #4

Original Poster
Yep, no joy with either suggestion. The pins are in excellent shape and there is no dirt/grime/lint inside the housing on the K20d. I remounted the grip making sure the edials are set.

Any other thoughts?

01-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bactman Quote
Any other thoughts?
I wouldn't keep it on the body, as it sounds like it has issues. Send/take it back, or send in it for repair.

Thank you
Russell
05-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bactman Quote
Yep, no joy with either suggestion. The pins are in excellent shape and there is no dirt/grime/lint inside the housing on the K20d. I remounted the grip making sure the edials are set.

Any other thoughts?

Any news about grip?