Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Testing the BG2 grip?

Hey there, I did a search and nothing came up so I'm opening a new topic.
Here goes:
I found a BG-2 grip selling locally and I made a deal with the man to try it out. The problem is that I don't have 2 batteries so that I could put the other one in the grip. I ordered it off eBay two weeks ago but it hasn't arrived yet.
So, my question is - can I test the grip, will it work okay if I put the battery from the body in the grip to see if everything is okay (leaving the in-body battery compartment empty)?
Thanks

02-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, it will work fine, with only the battery in the grip. I just confirmed that with my own camera.

Ben
02-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Ben
02-27-2010, 02:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
Well, the battery arived the day before I bought the grip, but it was charging so I tested it with only one battery (in the grip), works perfectly
I love the grip! I can hold the camera so much easier with my big hands
And it looks cool too. With the 28mm on the K10D

02-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. B Quote
Well, the battery arived the day before I bought the grip, but it was charging so I tested it with only one battery (in the grip), works perfectly
Yes, these grips are really great. I rarely use one of my cameras without the grip, only when going on a walk in bad weather, when I want to minimize weight and don't expect to seriously take images at all.

Ben
03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. B Quote
It looks superb with the DA* 16-50 on it with the grip. Everybody thinks I spent even more than the exotic prices I did pay. Without the grip, I don't like the hold on my K10, which is the same size as the K20. I set my battery to grip first, so that if I need to switch out a battery, all I need to do is take out the tray and pop in a fresh battery, but while waiting the in camera battery will cover me.

I switch the batteries when I recharge them both. The one from the grip goes into the camera and the camera battery returns to the grip. I have this idea in my head that this will cause both batteries to get the maximum available life, but have really no idea whether it's true or not.