Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

Wierdish radio trigger issue

Best explained by this video:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLhjDY__7UU[/YT]

the flash fires randomly.
Should i give the triggers back or do you know whats going wrong?

02-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I am seeing what I think you are trying to show you are getting a delayed, intermittent secondary flash trigger but only when the first flash is triggered from the camera. If that is the case it would indicate to me the issue is between the camera and the transmitter trigger. This kind of thing can be hard to pin down with out some electrical test equipment. Maybe you can find out what the problem is by trying to use the transmitter trigger in other ways. Can you try it on other cameras or maybe a PC cable on the camera? Is there any change if you have fresh batteries in the camera or the transmitter trigger?

DAZ
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
So, i was able to eliminate the problem, by covering the top right contact on the flash shoe of my camera with paper.
Now the flash(es) fire without problem and without a second flash, but the transmitter cant tell if the cameras on anymore, so i never get a green light on any component.
Should i give this back? Would there be any benefit in replacing it? Do i get any disadvantages from the transmitter and the recievers not giving my any light? Like lag or something?