Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Inactive Account

LCD protector

Does any one here use an after market LCD screen protector on their KX?

Any recomendations if so?

Thank you!

03-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #2

Personally, I use the sunshades that can be bought just about anywhere. Also, the shade portion can pop off, and you still have a screen protector still on the camera. Very nice to have when shooting on sunny days.
03-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I bought some cheap screen protectors for the old Palm devices. Pack of five for something like $10.
Cut to fit and its been on my K10 for the past three years and now on my new K7.
I lay the camera LCD side down all the time, even on rock and concrete (gently, but still)..

I would not spend a lot on custom fit or on those that advertise that they can withstand a key scraping across. Simple and cheap should be fine. ut I sugest getting something that can be replaced.
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
PFH
Veteran Member

I use these on my K-7 and K20D. Works great.
ACMAXX 2.7" HARD LCD ARMOR PROTECTOR Pentax - K-X Kx DA - eBay (item 260553902649 end time Mar-17-10 11:12:06 PDT)

03-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #5

I also use the ACMaxx for my K7 (and for my former K100D)

Works like a charm, and don't stick to the entire screen but only to the edges of the screen, so if you ever have to replace them you're entire screen won't be full of glue.
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

I use this on my K-7 (and the K10D and *ist before it) and my GPSes as well. I bought the DIY skin and just cut to size. Works great.

Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D_Ivy Quote
Personally, I use the sunshades that can be bought just about anywhere. Also, the shade portion can pop off, and you still have a screen protector still on the camera. Very nice to have when shooting on sunny days.
I'm about to replace my Delkin - I broke a tab taking it off violently. When outdoors, the shade is great, in hot weather, the sweat goes on the metal cover that opens to shade the LCD not the LCD, indoors, I just snap off the fold out shades. Works for me, and not all that many dollars, even here in the overpriced Great White North. (It's snowing right now. Glad I didn't summerize the snow blower).
03-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Hi everyone..
I bought new Samsung LCD last week and i need some solid protection on the screen. So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing protector film for my LCD screen?

LCD screen protector film

03-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
I bought some cheap screen protectors for the old Palm devices. Pack of five for something like $10.
Cut to fit and its been on my K10 for the past three years and now on my new K7.
I lay the camera LCD side down all the time, even on rock and concrete (gently, but still)..

I would not spend a lot on custom fit or on those that advertise that they can withstand a key scraping across. Simple and cheap should be fine. ut I sugest getting something that can be replaced.
i was looking at this one. seems cheap enough. why do you suggest staying away from them? do they harm the LCD in anyway?

does it attach to the edges of the LCD or the whole screen?
03-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
PFH
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oddity96 Quote
does it attach to the edges of the LCD or the whole screen?
It does only attach to the edges of the LCD.
03-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
Pentaxian

i was looking at this one. seems cheap enough. why do you suggest staying away from them? do they harm the LCD in anyway?
Maybe I over emphasized things a bit... I don't believe any of them harm the screen, but why spend more money on something than you need to. I suppose it all depends on how much abuse you put your LCD through.

Of course you go for the Invisible Shield by ZAGG, it is worth the money. Their stuff is great. Yes, its overkill for a camera (if they even make such a thing - you could always trim down a phone protector), but it is good stuff.
If you plan to drag your camera over rocks and drop down stair, you can sleep well knowing that the LCD screen will remain unscratched. The rest of your camera may turn to rubble, but at least that precious screen remains protected. :-)
03-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I've got this GGC LCD glass screen protector on my K-x. So far it works great - can be cleaned completely of skin oils (unlike vinyl protectors) which is important since I'm one of those people who ends up with a nose print on my LCD every time I click the shutter :P It hasn't noticeably cut the brightness of my screen, it protects my LCD from my coat zipper, a constant possible source of scratches - it's been great.

And for 11 bucks I can't ask for more
03-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
Maybe I over emphasized things a bit... I don't believe any of them harm the screen, but why spend more money on something than you need to. I suppose it all depends on how much abuse you put your LCD through.

Of course you go for the Invisible Shield by ZAGG, it is worth the money. Their stuff is great. Yes, its overkill for a camera (if they even make such a thing - you could always trim down a phone protector), but it is good stuff.
If you plan to drag your camera over rocks and drop down stair, you can sleep well knowing that the LCD screen will remain unscratched. The rest of your camera may turn to rubble, but at least that precious screen remains protected. :-)
lol well i am kind of clumsy

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
I've got this GGC LCD glass screen protector on my K-x. So far it works great - can be cleaned completely of skin oils (unlike vinyl protectors) which is important since I'm one of those people who ends up with a nose print on my LCD every time I click the shutter :P It hasn't noticeably cut the brightness of my screen, it protects my LCD from my coat zipper, a constant possible source of scratches - it's been great.

And for 11 bucks I can't ask for more
that's the one i was looking at. problem i have is my nose is so big it hits the buttons and changes to live view when i don't want it lol
03-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Veteran Member

that's the one i was looking at. problem i have is my nose is so big it hits the buttons and changes to live view when i don't want it lol
LOL - yeah, I'm still learning how not to accidentally do that with my right thumb (apparently on my K10 I used to put my thumb there to brace the camera). Well, I can report that this screen protector seems so far to be a good one - certainly worth the money!