Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Manfrotto Rebate - Anyone Else Have a Problem?

I sent in my rebate request back for $50 off the purchase of a carbon fiber tripod and head in January, and finally today realized it's been a while. So, I went to the "rebate zone" to check on it, and had to call. They claim they never received it, but invited me to make a "second request" using the copies I kept of everything. Of course, they said they're not responsible for lost mail and can't promise my second request will be honored. Despite all the criticism lobbed at the USPS these days, lost mail isn't usually a problem. And when the recipient gets to keep $50 for every envelope that gets "lost"...well, this just seems a bit too convenient. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by Glarus; 03-17-2010 at 01:58 PM.
03-25-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I can't speak for Manfrotto, but this has become pretty much the standard operating procedure for virtually all rebates these days, whether camera equipment, DVD's, whatever. The rebate company will routinely reject the first submission and require a re-submission. Between turning people off altogether from submitting, and the people who forget about the rebate, they can save a ton of money. They'll virtually always pay out with a second submission though--that's why you've got to keep copies of everything--odds are, you'll need the copies.
03-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have virtually given up on rebates. If they do not want to provide it as a discount (at the time of sale), then they can keep their product. If this happens enough, they will loose $ale$ and figure out that cheating their (loyal) customer$, is not worth the price.

I use to trust that the rebate would be honored. Quite a few of the manufacturers have proven to be untrustworthy. So how does that reflect on the products? Will a untrustworthy manufacturer on the rebate issue, turn out to be just as unreliable in terms of product performance, reliability and warranty service? Do manufactures, that have to resort to rebates equate to crappy products? - I am rhetorically asking the question in general and not aimed at any particular product or vendor.
03-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know about Manfrotto, but I've sent in three other rebate packets over the last four months.

Epson, a $200 rebate, applied for in early-mid December 2009; received the $200 check earlier this month.

SanDisk, a $30 rebate, applied for in early February 2010; received the $30 prepaid Visa card this month.

Pentax, a $200 rebate (two $100 rebates, that is), applied for in early February 2010; still being processed.

Rebates are a pain, no denying it. But so far I haven't had to reapply, and so far the ones I've sent in have been honored. I just knocked on wood in fervent hopes that the one sent in to Pentax will be honored as well. (At least it hasn't been rejected outright--so far!)

The rebates were certainly part of my reason to buy the listed products at that particular time. But it sure would be easier if the prices were simply lowered for said products.

Keeping my fingers crossed. . . .

10-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Glarus Quote
I sent in my rebate request back for $50 off the purchase of a carbon fiber tripod and head in January, and finally today realized it's been a while. So, I went to the "rebate zone" to check on it, and had to call. They claim they never received it, but invited me to make a "second request" using the copies I kept of everything. Of course, they said they're not responsible for lost mail and can't promise my second request will be honored. Despite all the criticism lobbed at the USPS these days, lost mail isn't usually a problem. And when the recipient gets to keep $50 for every envelope that gets "lost"...well, this just seems a bit too convenient. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a rebate I need to send in but I'm torn as to which one to send. It seems Manfrotto has two that I qualify for, one being a $50 rebate CHECK and the other being a $50 prepaid VISA CARD. The prepaid card I have until November to send in and the rebate check I have until the end of January. I just can't decide which one to use!!
01-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #6

Manfrotto rebate

Got word from Manfrotto that my rebate was rejected, saying the purchase did not fall w/in promotion dates....WRONG! I kept copies of everything and will call them today to dispute.

Update: called this morning and they said I was given the wrong form to submit (?) so they would resubmit it with the right form and process it from there. I did not have to resubmit anything (yet). Was told to call back in a week to 10 days to check status. So be sure to call if you get a message saying your rebate was rejected. Could be that is not necessarily the case. $50 is $50 bucks after all.

I'm also awaiting a $100 rebate from Tamron. Hope that one goes smoothly (knock wood).

Last edited by Naturenut; 01-19-2011 at 07:43 AM.