Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

90 deg Finder

Has anyone had any luck with finding a 90 degree angle viewfinder (for gound level shooting etc) which actually fits the Pentax K10/ 20?

03-18-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't have one myself, but one of the South Aussie Pentaxians has a Seagull angle finder (1-2.5X Angle Finder for Canon Nikon Leica Pentax DSLR)

He seems happy, and I'm seriously interested myself.

Cheers
03-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Shame Pentax don't do interchangeable viewfinders for the more modern cameras, like they did for LX, we never had these sort of problems then.
03-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently bought an Olympus Varimagni finder at a camera show.
1.2X and 2.5X
Fits perfect on my K7......
Cost me $70 usd
Only complaint is it's a mirror image in the viewfinder.
Just something to get used to.

03-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Pentax A and M series right angle finders (refconverter) work with the K20d and K200d. I found one a couple of months ago at KEH. The K and previous versions fit the K series cameras and the M42 bodies whereas the M and A series fits M series and newer bodies.

Edit: People have replaced the eyepiece frame on some of the earlier versions of the refconverter and used the one from a stock eye-cup to replace the old eye piece frame. All of the earlier angle finders were not magnified.

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Shame Pentax don't do interchangeable viewfinders for the more modern cameras, like they did for LX, we never had these sort of problems then.
The LX had a removable prism etc which is a whole different ball game.
03-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Damn Brit

Somebody bought me this one as a gift, it has adapters for different brands and fit's nicely on mine.
Amazon.com: Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Fuji, Olympus and Leica SLR cameras: Electronics
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm going to ask for a refund. they haven't returned any of my emails since I made a purchase last wednesday, so there is no indication if they shipped it out or not. I'm not going to wait for over a week just to wait for a simple email or notification. I just wonder what happened to their excellent customer service. but for what it's worth, I'm quite disappointed. gonna file a paypal resolution tomorrow evening.