Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
bargain tripod...

Well been looking for a new tripod... but not decided on what i wanted...

a friend called me while walking (they were) round a swap mart (car boot sale) they saw one so called me. They don know anything about camera gear.. but tried to describe it... very poorly... just said it was a velbon stratos 450

for the money i told them to knock them down 5 bucks and buy it... so they did! $15aud all up... hehe...

Its not posh and its not fancy... but it has a bag.. and is BIG and solid.. no QR but i dont use tripods very often... so its no big hassle....

so i'll look for a nice tripod too... but in the interim this will do fine for storm pictures and group shots etc.. its got a fluid type head all runs nice and smooth... and extends close to 6ft....

a bargain i think... but not the best obviously!

Steve

03-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
nice one there Vinnies and the op shops are always worth a check as well