Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

OpTech Pro Strap

Question for anyone using an OpTech strap: is the loop connector the appropriate type for the K10D? I'm about to order a strap and the info on their web site is a bit unclear (called them, but the nice lady didn't seem too familiar with the camera). I find that the K10D with grip and Tamron 18-250 is a bit uncomfortable with the Pentax strap and this seems to be the way to go.

07-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #2

I am using the Pro Loop strap and it slides through fine, perhaps a little coaxing on the right side but otherwise just fine.
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The uni-loop, (I think they call it) is standard to fit any camera, binoc, etc.

I'm not personally a fan of it; it may work, but I think it makes an otherwise great strap look cheesy. They sell another connector that is a flat strap with a buckle, and once the nylon is broken in a little bit, I like it much more. For reference, it is #3 in the first picture on this page: system connectors.
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
. They sell another connector that is a flat strap with a buckle, and once the nylon is broken in a little bit, I like it much more. For reference, it is #3 in the first picture on this page: system connectors.
I would prefer the flat strap, if only because it looks stronger. Are you using one on a K10D; does it allow the camera to ride flat against your chest (lens facing down) when walking?

07-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
get the flat strap. it fits perfectly. i love mine. especially being able to make it smaller.
07-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Peter, I've used it most recently on a K10. I suppose it does ride flat, as you put it.
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all. I love high tech discussions.

07-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
Question for anyone using an OpTech strap: is the loop connector the appropriate type for the K10D? I'm about to order a strap and the info on their web site is a bit unclear (called them, but the nice lady didn't seem too familiar with the camera). I find that the K10D with grip and Tamron 18-250 is a bit uncomfortable with the Pentax strap and this seems to be the way to go.
I love the OpTech series of straps and use the Pro strap on the k10d. I can carry a heavy lens on camera and be quite comfortable. Much better than the supplied Pentax strap for my needs. I also like the quick release option because when I carry my Bigma on the k10d, I like to use the Kinesis harness. The connectors make it a breeze to switch between using a wrist strap, harness or neck strap depending on my needs at the time.
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just put the Pro Strap on my K10D/grip. Feels a lot better than the Pentax strap. Also got an OpTech tripod strap; makes carrying a heavy tripod around quite a bit easier and hands free.
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #10
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
Just put the Pro Strap on my K10D/grip. Feels a lot better than the Pentax strap. Also got an OpTech tripod strap; makes carrying a heavy tripod around quite a bit easier and hands free.
lol i'm using the pentax strap for the tripod..
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
lol i'm using the pentax strap for the tripod..
Hey, now that is a good idea. Thanks for the tip.