Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

AC Adapter or something similar

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have a K100D, and I am wondering where I can find an AC adapter, or even a battery pack for the camera.

04-29-2010, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Others may know where to get one but the original Pentax model can be bought here:

PentaxWebstore AC Adapter Kit AC76

It say it's for a k200d but my k100 manual lists the exact same model. It's too expensive for me even though I wish I had one.
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Ari
Veteran Member

I think this works with it:
Quantum Instruments Inc.
04-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Others may know where to get one but the original Pentax model can be bought here:

PentaxWebstore AC Adapter Kit AC76

It say it's for a k200d but my k100 manual lists the exact same model. It's too expensive for me even though I wish I had one.
Yes that is a bit much

04-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The AC76 is 49.99 at Amazon. Still way more than I'd pay.

Any adapter that provides the correct voltage and amperage, and has the same connector will work. The problem is finding it.
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Yes that is a bit much
Pentax also wants $29.99 for the little eyecup around the viewfinder...
04-30-2010, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #7

Photos: Gallery
I just tried a 6 volt adapter (tested as 6.2V with a meter) with a 1 amp max current. The camera powered up fine, auto focus & playback but the shutter locked when trying to shoot. I assume the current is too low and or the voltage could be a bit higher than stated at 6.5V. Does anyone have the specs for the original adapter, especially the mAh?

05-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DreTAX Quote
I just tried a 6 volt adapter (tested as 6.2V with a meter) with a 1 amp max current. The camera powered up fine, auto focus & playback but the shutter locked when trying to shoot. I assume the current is too low and or the voltage could be a bit higher than stated at 6.5V. Does anyone have the specs for the original adapter, especially the mAh?
Thanx. Upon further research I think I am just going to get an AC adapter and use that for file transfer, and use the Rayovac 2500mah NImh batteries for shooting. Battery packs are way too much money. If I am going to shell out over 500 for a battery pack I might as well just go for a new camera!!!!!! seeing as how mine is almost 4 years old
05-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pilotcrabby Quote
Thanx. Upon further research I think I am just going to get an AC adapter and use that for file transfer, and use the Rayovac 2500mah NImh batteries for shooting. Battery packs are way too much money. If I am going to shell out over 500 for a battery pack I might as well just go for a new camera!!!!!! seeing as how mine is almost 4 years old
Why not use a USB reader instead? That way you don't need to worry about powering the camera while downloading pictures to your computer.
05-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
ebay UK

K-AC10B K-AC10H 6.5v Mains POWER AC ADAPTER for PENTAX on eBay (end time 13-May-10 20:42:49 BST)

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/abcproducts/

K-AC10B K-AC10H 6.5v Mains POWER AC ADAPTER for PENTAX

I got the one for my K200D, Had to splice a new plug to fit the camera tighly - but it is regulated and with sufficient Amps. It is important that the voltage is regulated, otherwise it may spike and fry the camera.

Because of the loose plug I actually got a memory card reader for free...