Item for Sale
PENTAX K5 - EXCELLENT CONDITION - PERFECT LCD SCREENS

Asking Price
225.00 USD

Item Location
Oklahoma (United States)

Item Description

ABOUT ME/WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM:
I have been a forum member for almost 3 years. I have also been an Ebay member for over 10 years with over 230 positive feedbacks scoring 100% positive. My eBay account name is nrs2112, so you can research me there. I explain all conditions of any of my gear in the listing with detail. I will not sell an item with a defect or any shortcomings without you knowing. All details of the item should be listed. If you have questions, please post them or Private Message me.

FOR SALE:

PENTAX K5, USED BUT VERY GOOD CONDITION

This camera is in very good condition, having only signs of wear on flash mount bracket and on the underside of camera at the tripod mount area and on the tiny clasp for the battery access door. There is also a small 2mm abrasion where the finger rubs on the body between the finger grip area and lens mount area (see pics). The camera was cleaned via regular checkup about 16 months ago at C.R.I.S.cam and has sat in a drawer the past year. The LCD panel and OVF are very clean, the inside mirror and glass is quite clean, with some evidence of taking lenses on and off at the mount on the inside area of the camera which is to be expected.

Note the top LCD and back LCD screens are mint - no scratches.

The OVF and Mirror/Actuator are very clean as well.

This camera has very small marks as noted above, but at first glance, it appears almost as new.

The camera functions 100% with no reservations in performance.

There are just under 34,000 actuations on the shutter.

The camera will come to you with ALL original packing/packing/and items with exception to the battery. I will ship a brand new Flash Point (Adorama brand) battery since the Original Pentax battery has a lot of use.

***AN INTERESTING NOTE:
I own 2 Pentax K5iis cams. Initially, I had been using Pentax Digital Camera Utility (PDCU) to process RAW images to JPEG for my older K5 cameras. However, since comparing images from the K5 vs K5iis processed in Silkypix that I recently purchased, I found that the PDCU program had been softening my images when converting from RAW to JPEG. I thought it was the K5 that was causing images to be softer than I wanted, so I bought the K5iis for the filterless design that is supposed to make for sharper images. HOWEVER, when I processed RAW images in Silkypix instead of PDCU for both K5 and K5iis Cameras, I found that images taken from the K5 and K5iis were nearly indistinguishable viewed blown to 100% on a 22 inch IPS Dell editing monitor!!! Bottom line, when processing RAW images to JPEG from either K5 or K5iis cameras, at normal print sizes, there is no difference. The only advantage of the K5ii/K5iis over a K5 is that the K5ii/K5iis has a sharper LCD panel and better low light focusing. The K5iis JPEGs (unedited) are only slightly sharper WHEN viewed at blown up sizes and RAW processed images are identical comparing the K5iis to the K5.

**** I HAVE MANY OTHER CAMERA GEAR ITEMS FOR SALE HERE IN THE PENTAX FORUMS. PLEASE SEE LINKS BELOW:

PENTAX 50mm-M
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/295298-sal...ml#post3251637

PENTAX 50mm-A
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/295299-sal...nt-optics.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH YOUR SHIPPING DESTINATION FOR SHIPPING INFO INCLUDING SHIPPING PRICE

Shipping Charge
PENDING DELIVERY LOCATION

Shipping Services
PENDING DELIVERY LOCATION

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
NO RETURNS ACCEPTED

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Last edited by JF Jayhawk; 10-23-2015 at 04:55 AM.
07-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hello,
I am interested in the Pentax K 5 , I am from Dubai, Can u pls quote the price of it incl the shipping charges to Dubai
Thanks
Sajikumar
10-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
Sent P.M.
10-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent

10-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Is this still available for sale?