PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Cactus V6 and (2) RF-60 Package

Asking Price
285.00 USD

Item Location
Fayetteville (United States)

Item Description
With a deployment looming (again), I'm streamlining my kit a bit, and part of that is my flash equipment. I've used the Yongnuo system before and quite frankly, it is subpar to the Cactus system. Not only are the Cactus flashes better built, but the user-interface is more intuitive in my opinion. Additionally, the Cactus has two huge advantages.

First, the top of the wireless master controller (that mounts to the hotshoe and allows you to change the power of each flash) has another hotshoe that allows for a flash to be mounted on top anyway. So if you need wireless OCF flash and THEN a flash on top, you have that option. With Yongnuo, you don't.

Also, my favorite feature is that THE FLASHES HAVE TRIPOD MOUNTS BUILT RIGHT INTO THEM!!!!!!!!!!! You can literally mount them anywhere and to anything!

2x RF 60 flashes and 1x V6 transceiver for $285 shipped to anywhere in the US.

OCONUS is an option as well - just let me know via PM and we'll work it out. They are 100% brand new (as I have another set that I use). All boxes, cases, stands, papers, etc. are of course included and in excellent condition.

And as I am the owner of a K-3 and also K-1, I can guarantee that they will be 100% compatible with your camera, or pretty much any other camera as that's another strength of the Cactus system

Every image in this gallery has been made using those flashes: Alex Jansen Photography | Portraiture

Also, for OCF tutorials, I've got a few on my blog that may be on interest to you: www.alexjansenphotography.com/blog

-Alex

P.S....unrelated, but soon there will be a front page article (front page of the PF) detailing how the cover photo for the UWA comparison review was made, which involved the same kit. Stay tuned for that...

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
15 Day Guarantee

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Heie; 03-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.
03-03-2017, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
great bit of kit .. someone better scoop it up.

I have identical with a K5iis and it's solid.

Goodluck!
03-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks loji! It really is - just streamlining my kit otherwise I have no need to sell - they are in perfect condition and work flawlessly.

03-13-2017, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
These things are absolute workhorses. I've had this set for about 2 years now and they've gone through some 30k flashes. Still going strong. Color and control are both great on the Cactus system.

If you want off camera flash, buy these. You will not regret it.

Last edited by photolady95; 03-14-2017 at 12:04 PM.
03-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
What is the max sync speed these can fire? Of course using on a Pentax (I am using K50, so don't know if it has any limitations).
03-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by suraswami Quote
What is the max sync speed these can fire? Of course using on a Pentax (I am using K50, so don't know if it has any limitations).
Using the given hardware, you're limited to your camera sync speed (1/180 on the K50?) If you get a V6II trigger you can go higher. HSS is all the rage these days, but I would not rate it as super useful in a lot of controlled situations.
03-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
I'll vouch for Cactus gear any day. I've got 3 RF-60s that I use all the time along with the V6 triggers (using the 2nd generation, now). Best wishes on your deployment once again.