Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Holdfast Moneymaker leather camera strap
Listed: 04-20-2017, 11:58 AM Shipping Destinations: United States Currency: USD Item Location: United States City or State: South Bend, Indiana, USA 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Holdfast Moneymaker leather camera strap

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
South Bend, Indiana, USA (United States)

Item Description
Hi there! I couldn't decide between the chestnut and tan Holdfast Moneymaker camera straps from photos. I bought them both. Decided I liked the chestnut better. Would anyone be interested in the tan?

In case you're unfamiliar, it's a very nice leather camera harness intended for carrying two cameras at the same time, but also usable with 1, or 1 with a lens pouch or other item hanging from the other side. It takes the weight off of your neck and doesn't slide around like a sling-style strap, and the leather just looks so much better than the typical ballistic nylon. It uses an unusual clasp for the camera, a snap shackle typically used on sailboats (I'd love to see SBL use these instead of dog leash clips).

It's a medium tan bridle leather -- suitable for individuals between 5'8" and 6'2" (173 - 188 cm). (if you have particularly narrow shoulders at the low range or particularly broad/muscular shoulders & back at the upper range, it probably won't work for you.)

The leather's more supple than I expected, but still stiff enough that it would probably benefit from some treatment or breaking in.

It's $230 from Holdfast - I'm dropping the price a touch because otherwise why buy from me instead of the site, and because I'm not including shipping (probably $12 with a USPS flat rate box).

Including a couple stock photos from their website because they show it better than the snaps I took with my phone.

Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$12

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I'll accept returns if item is not as stated. It is, so there shouldn't be any.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Views: 707
04-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
There are 3 blemishes I could find on the leather, thevtwo larger ones are pretty much hidden by the strap ends and the smallest one I didn't notice til I was going over it carefully. Images attached. Note that they barely go through the topcoat and shouldn't affect the strength of the product. Holdfast, like saddleback, makes a show of these things being unique and special. Here's the spiel from their website:

The Bridle leather MoneyMaker is made from U.S. native steer hides, anchored stainless steel d-rings/hardware (no rust), safety straps for ultimate security and impeccably versatile design make this an essential tool for the modern photographer. Secure your cameras and important gear where it’s most accessible and comfortable—right on you. This leather is strong, waxy and weather-resistant.

We at HF use REAL full grain leathers. As such, each hide will display the unique life that the animal lived showing scars from brands, barbed-wire cuts, stretch marks, insect bites, marks from birthing and even natural wrinkles, etc. One of the beauties of leather is that no two cowhides are alike, because each hide comes from animals that have lived different lives! These scars are not "defects" in the leather, but instead, proof that we actually use real full grain leather which is the absolute BEST leather money can buy. We do not throw out good hides because of scars, rather we embrace these natural markings as part of the story, to which you will now add to. So if you happen to receive a MoneyMaker or one of my products with a scar or brand in the leather, know that you now own a 1-of-a kind piece.

The Money Maker is built to last a lifetime and on all day shoots in any location—a movie set, wedding, urban jungle, or the wild wild west. EVERY MONEYMAKER IS MADE LOCALLY, RIGHT HERE IN OKLAHOMA!

Each MoneyMaker comes with EVERYTHING you need to shoot with two cameras including Sliders, safety catches & 2 Camera HoldFasts. Directions: 1. Install the Camera HoldFast (screw) into the tripod mount of your camera. 2. Install the split ring from the Safety Catch directly to the left side lug of your camera. 3. Attach the Sailboat clip (on the MoneyMaker Slider) to the screw loop, then attach the Safety Catch clip to the previously installed split ring on the left side. 4. Please refer to our videos page for more details and explanations.

note that if you have long hair and wear it down, this is a bad idea - get one without d rings from holdfast.
Attached Images

05-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Anyone interested? I can probably drop the price a little if anyone wants to make an offer.
06-09-2017, 04:45 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
i'm interested... could you send the strap in Italy?