PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Lumix GX1 LVF2 viewfinder and 8mm fisheye lens

Asking Price
165.00 USD

Item Location
western Wash. state USA (United States)

Item Description

The GX1 is an excellent little camera with 16Mpix 4Thirds sensor, an effective touch screen and many nice controls and programmable Fn buttons. Full controls are available including choice of aspect ratio.

I have hacked the body with higher-spec video but did not go all-out because the video will not play back in-camera if hacked to extremes; I have set it to about 40Mb/sec in AVCHD with higher audio quality but left MP3 specs at stock values (below 20MB/sec). The AVCHD format will spill over to a new file after 30min so no real time limit for that mode. The touchscreen allows for manual focus with touch-AF refocus, so for basic 1080 work it's very handy. No audio input jack but stereo mics on top. Adapted lenses work great but unstabilized. I will add a basic PK-m43 adapter.

When you want small and talented it's a great choice.

Size comparison to KP at Compare camera dimensions side by side

Body and lens are VG+ condition.
I gave the LED screen a good cleaning. When I received the camera as it had the fungus-like sludge on the touchscreen. (sample image / thread at DPRvw) The screen is clean and much more useable than before, but some fine cleaning-scratches can be seen when screen is dark. Many threads online about GX1 screen 'delamination' or coating issues. Considering how it looked before this is a real improvement! I have not added a fresh screen protector at this point - it may help, or perhaps not.

The LVF2 viewfinder connects to the hot shoe and accessory port and provides a tilting viewfinder with very good specs. It has a switch on the mount so you can swap between main screen and viewfinder easily.

Camera comes with 1 Lumix + 1 generic/Wasabi battery, charger and strap plus body cap.

The all-manual, unnamed 8mm f/3.8 works nicely but focus is hard to discern at any distance without focus peaking. It's often marketed as a Fotasy but this one is anonymous.

[b]NOTE - I have two GX1 bodies, one with video hack and one without. I can provide hacked firmware and several variations on an 8GB SD if requested, and will sell either stock or hacked bodies. Both are black.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
split cost 50/50

Shipping Services
USPS priority/1st class international

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
contact me within 14 days of receipt

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 06-16-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: price drop, gear change
06-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 93 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump with gear mutation and price drop.
The LVF2 usually costs as much or more than a GX1 body, so for the price of a used LVF2 you get a body
09-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Bump with gear mutation and price drop.
The LVF2 usually costs as much or more than a GX1 body, so for the price of a used LVF2 you get a body
That viewfinder also works on the LX7 in case anyone needs it for that. I use it on my gx1 and lx7. Very useful tilting evf.
10-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 93 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold elsewhere, thanks for looking