PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-F 1.7x Autofocus Adapter

Asking Price
145.00 USD

Item Location
Ottawa, Ontario (Canada)

Item Description

The Pentax 1.7x adapter is a useful piece of kit – it provides an autofocus capability to manual focus lenses, and a 1.7x teleconverter function which gives versatility and extra reach with minimal weight and IQ penalty. It’s compatible with Pentax full-frame and APS-C autofocus cameras.

Designed originally to work with Pentax A, M, and SMC (K) series lenses, it also works well with others including autofocus lenses. There are a few lens exceptions – Pentax literature states that it is not compatible with A 15/3.5, M zoom 24-35/3.5, K 15/3.5, and K 18/3.5.

This version is marked 'Japan’.

Glass: No scratches or fungus. Several internal dust specks. Upon casual inspection, the glass appears almost pristine. A close inspection with a bright light at certain angles reveals two flaws as shown in the attached pictures: a faint milky haze at a small localized peripheral area on the front element, and sparse pinpoint dots around parts of the periphery of an internal element. The hazy area is virtually transparent, so it’s not obvious when viewed directly through the front or rear of the adapter. I have not observed any ill effects on images (I use a K-3 II).

Body and Mechanical: Excellent condition - no nicks, dents, scratches, or other flaws. Minimal signs of use; nothing remarkable. The mounts are solid and the mechanism works perfectly. The autofocus is very fast.

I rarely use this adapter now as I’m happy with my DA* 300mm by itself. Although it’s fully functional and gives very good results, I’m asking a below-average price owing to the noted flaws.

Included: Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter, front and rear caps.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Free shipping - Expedited

Shipping Services
Canada Post, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Payment method: PayPal. Canadian buyers may pay by Interac e-Transfer (preferred).

If you have any questions or issues with the item, please let me know within 3 days of receipt. Returns are accepted if the item is not as described in the listing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by c.a.m; 12-17-2018 at 07:00 PM.
06-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump and lower price.
06-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
Lower price and free shipping!