Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

For Sale: Tamron 90mm 2.5 Macro (reduced price)
Listed: 09-16-2018, 05:13 PM

Selling

Tamron 90mm 2.5 - $180 $170 $160! $150!

Pentax Suitcase - $199? Make an offer!

Tamron 17-50 2.8 - $125 SOLD!
Sigma 24mm 2.8 AF - $115 SOLD!
Pentax K Mount M42 Adapter - $35 SOLD!
Tamron 2x TC AF - $90 SOLD!
Pentax K-30 - $150 SOLD!
Sigma 18-300 Contemporary - $325 $310 SOLD!
Tamron 18-200 - $70 $60 SOLD!
Sigma 150-500(non-OS) - $650 $575 $550 SOLD!
Pentax DA 10-17 Fisheye - $275 $265 SOLD!
Pentax K-S2 - $325 $310 SOLD!
Pentax DA 50 1.8 - $90 $80 $75! SOLD!

All prices in USD. Selling to North America only. Shipping included!

Well the time has come. My photography needs have changed, and I seek a smaller more focused kit for just casual snaps of the fam and the odd event and vacation. I also want to play more with video thanks to my friend who is becoming quite the successful YouTuber. So I'm selling off my gear and using the funds to make the switch to Sony's APS-C mirrorless ecosystem.

Just some quick notes about the listing that apply to all the items (to help minimize the length of the post).

For the lenses, unless otherwise stated, the glass is clean and clear, free from haze, fungus, and scratches. There are a normal and minimal amount of dusts inside that do not affect image quality. Body will have probably some cosmetic wear that does not affect its operations in any way. Anything noteworthy will be indicated by the lens notes below.

For the items that have had repairs and service done on them, I have only used Sun Camera in Canada (the only Pentax authorized repair facility in Canada) and Advance Camera in the US (the only Pentax authorized repair facility in the northwest region of the US).
Sun Camera Service Ltd. - Home
About Us | Advance Camera

My disclaimer is at the end of the list. Please read it before deciding to transact with me!

Dumb lowballers will be ignored.

Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.5 Macro 1:2 (52EP) - $180 $170 $160! $150!
Comes with: Original top cap, generic bottom cap.

Rare lens. Got it used. Works great. Rubber shows whiteness from age, but still nice and grippy. No lens hood, but it doesn't really need it since, like its newer brethren, the front element is recessed into the body so there's basically a natural hood on it. I've gushed about the Tamron 90mm before, and my comments then apply to this lens now.

PICTURES

-----

Pentax Suitcase - Make an offer!
Comes with:

Don't really know what to do with this, so I'm listing it here. Genuine Asahi Pentax suitcase. Seemingly ultra rare. As you can see from the pictures it can be customized with foam to suit all kinds of camera and lens and accessory configurations. Or you can just keep it on your shelf to show your Pentax fandom like I did. Latches work (but no key to lock it), handle was warped slightly when I got it but it is rock solid (I can't warp it back, maybe if you apply a ton of heat to it if you want). Don't really know the value on this one so I'm open to offers.

PICTURES

SMC Pentax-DA 50mm F1.8 - $90 $80 $75! SOLD!
Comes with: Original top and bottom caps, box.

Cheap and cheerful!

PICTURES

-----

Pentax K-30 camera body - $150 SOLD!
Shutter Count: 46,593
Firmware: 1.0
Comes with: Body cap, original battery, 3rd party battery, original charger (the original power cable was lost so I'll give you this massive 6' power cable for it). Hot shoe cover is somewhere in Asia.

I am the original owner. Well travelled, works perfect, no signs of any aperture failure. If it fails from within a year of this sale, just message me and I'll just refund your money since I'm not out here to screw anyone. I wasn't sure if I would sell it, and I don't think I'll be upset if it doesn't sell since I'll probably just snag a kit lens somewhere and keep this around as a funsie came, though it will sadly see very little use (which is primarily the reason I want to try and give this guy another lease on life). But if someone wants a cheap but still serviceable body, this is it. Lots of scuffs on it, obviously nothing that affects performance. The marks on the underside near the mount are from where I taped my contact info in case the camera got lost and a good samaritan needed a way to get a hold of its owner. Make me offers on this guy, come on!

PICTURES

-----

Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 SP AF XR LD Aspherical IF Di II - $125 SOLD!
Comes with: Original hood, original top cap, Tamron bottom cap.

Got it used. Years ago the zoom ring broke on this thing. I had it repaired at Sun Camera (and they even replaced my front element that had a scratch on it for free!) and now it works perfect. The softness I've complained about is just me being an annoying pixel peeper, and probably has more to do with the curved plane of focus that this lens naturally exhibits. This lens has been my workhorse for event work back when I did news reporting, and I still use it for random walkarounds. Great lens. Lowered price to reflect history of repair.

PICTURES

-----

Sigma 24mm F2.8 AF Super Wide II - $115 SOLD!
Comes with: Original top cap, Sigma bottom cap.

My workhose walkaround for when I want to travel light and discrete. The perfect focal length on APS-C for walkaround imo. Very sharp and great macro abilities.
There is . . . something in one of the inner elements (check pictures). It's a very small amount, and it's hard to spot, but it's there (Delam? Moisture? A bit of fungus?). It was there when I got the lens, it hasn't spread since, and it doesn't affect the photos in any way. Price obviously lowered because of defect, but it's still an amazing and kind of rare lens.

PICTURES

-----

Pentax Mount Adapter K (M42 Adapter) - $35 SOLD!
Comes with:

Used. Works.

PICTURES

-----

Tamron 2X Pz-AF BBAR MC7 Teleconverter - $90 SOLD!
Comes with: Original top cap, generic bottom cap, box with papers.

Rare (not even listed in the Pentax Lens Database). Got it used. Works fantastic with the previously listed Tamron 90mm. No idea if or how this can work with newer lenses, so please do your research in this regard, though a quick search seems to indicate that this works with SDM lenses thanks to its PZ contacts (I do not have an SDM lens to test with so don't take my word for it though). I think this will work fantastic with any sharp, fast, tele-prime.

PICTURES

-----

Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM (Contemporary) - $325 $310 SOLD!
Comes with: Original hood, original top cap, original bottom cap, 72mm Amazon UV filter.

Got it used("like new") from Amazon Warehouse deals last Black Friday. This is actually an astounding lens. Great sharpness across the frame at all focal lengths. Sigma really hit it out of the park with this one (indeed, with all their new lenses). For many this will be the only lens they'll need.

PICTURES

-----

Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 AF XR Di II LD Aspherical IF Macro - $70 $60 SOLD!
Comes with: Original hood, original top cap, generic bottom cap.

Cheap but serviceable budget superzoom. Got it from original owner. It's like new.

PICTURES

-----

Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG HSM APO - $650 $575 $550 SOLD!
Comes with: tripod foot, original hood, original top cap and bottom cap, original box, Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW II (black)

In exceptional condition. Non-OS version. Works flawlessly. Got it from original owner. Case is missing (was stolen), but I'll toss in a Lowepro bag that I use to store it and truck it around in. The bag alone is worth a bit.

PICTURES

-----

Pentax K-S2 camera body - $325 $310 SOLD!
Shutter Count: 1,925
Firmware: 1.2
Comes with: Body cap, original battery, 3rd party battery, original charger, hotshoe cover. Screen has a screen protector on it.

Picked this up used from the original owner when it had low clicks (~400). He claimed to have an issue with it, so I said I'll take it off his hands. I sent it for repair to Advance Camera in Oregon, they identified a manufacturing defect with the mirror, repaired it, and now it's like new and works perfect. It was the perfect upgrade from the K-30/K-50. Better sensor, and a flip screen!

PICTURES

-----

SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] - $275 $265 SOLD!
Comes with: Original metal top cap, Pentax bottom cap.

Bought used. Secretly the most versatile lens in the Pentax lineup. Did you know that it's an excellent macro lens thanks to its extreme close focusing? Did you know that at 17mm, you can de-fish the picture to get a roughly 10mm rectalinear image that beats the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 in performance @ 10mm? I used a 10-17 to take this picture. The lens cap has some nicks in it, common for this lens. Does not affect performance.

PICTURES

I'm slightly busy with lots of random errands these days, but I'll do my best to send out your shipment within 2 business days of receiving payment and message you for confirmation.

All prices are in US dollars. Shipping will be via. Canada Post (which continues on as USPS in the US). This includes tracking and insurance (note: no tracking or insurance for items <$100). I will not list this as a gift or skimp on the declared value for insurance purposes, so please keep that in mind if you are wary of potential duties incurred from this purchase. Unless otherwise told (and at my discretion), I will be shipping your order to the main address tied to your PayPal account.

PayPal will be the method of money exchange. I will also accept email money transfers from Canadian buyers with established feedback on these forums. I am located in the Vancouver area of BC, Canada, so if you're in the area I would not mind meeting up locally and doing a cash exchange.

No returns from people with < 3 feedback, so read descriptions carefully and please ask any and all questions before pulling the trigger, but if you have an issue with the item that you have received, message me and let's chat about it to work something out. For everyone else, I'll accept returns within 7 days of receiving the item, you pay shipping.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my listing. Have a great day. :3

(picture is from a Pentax K-1 promo event in Japan)

Attached Images

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 11-01-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Titl
Views: 5,897
11-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 45 (100%)
Original Poster
Weekly bump!

11-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter