PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA15 SMC - Free Express shipping + insurance worldwide

Asking Price
22,000.00 JPY

Item Location
Tokyo (Japan)

Item Description
This lens is a SMC version. Read forum review here. I brought it new many year ago. I used to use it very often for years. Now my style change a bit and I haven't use it as much for the last 1 - 2 years. So I will let it go with a very low price point.(Prince is in Japanese Yen.) If you are looking for a cheap DA15, check it out. Feel free to private message me if you have questions. If you are in Tokyo, and want to try it out before buy, let me know.

Lens’s condition:
  1. lens show sign of extensive uses. Scratches on the barrel and all over but no damage to the glass and its auto-focus mechanism.
  2. Built in hood can now be removed! So that a filter holder can be directly attached to the lens. The stock Pentax build-in hood doesn’t lose its functionality (if you wish to keep it in place). It needs a bit of work to remove or reinstall the built-in hood which I will show in the image below.
  3. Hood wobble "a bit". I guess that is a direct result of the hood modification. HOWEVER, It is "not" affecting the Auto-focus & manual focus mechanism.
  4. I applied the nail polish to 3 of the internal screws. Please see image below. 2 of them was loosen inside around 2 years ago. It cause problem to lens's auto-focus. After the fix, it has never happened again. Note that, the screw came loose out of the blue.
  5. It comes with Pentax Rear Cap. Its own DA15 pouch (like new). Its box and manual, but Front cap is "O-LC49". (I loosed its metal cap some years ago.)
  6. I have a transparency protection film wrap around the lens's metal barrel for protection. I should have done it when it was still new! it can be removed if you want, but I advise to keep it on for protection. It is the same protection film people use for iPhone/iPad, so it won't turn yellow and it won't leave sticky glue behind after removal.
  7. No scratch on the glass
  8. No fungus.
  9. No damage or oil on aperture blades.
  10. No internal dust for as far as I can see.
  11. No problem with the auto-focus, quick-shift and manual mechanism.

Lens's Image
Right click to save full resolution image.
(you should download and have a closer look before make a decision.)

How to remove the Built-in hood.
Right click to save large image.

How to improve image quality when use this lens

if you are on a high pixel density body like K-3, DA15 is not a good performer at the edges. But there is an easy way to improve image quality see from images below or you can read more here.
Right click to save full resolution image.

When you focus in the center of the image, it will turn out like this. I test using K3. As you can see, edge performance is ... pretty bad to me.

Tip: focus at an object close to the corners will improve edge sharpness without loosing center sharpness as see in image below.

Apply basic sharpening in post process and it will look even better.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
n/a

Shipping Services
EMS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If the lens condition is not as described. Please contact me within 7 days after you get the lens. Buyer will pay PayPal fees and the return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 12-09-18 at 03:39 PM ----------

Last edited by pakinjapan; 12-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.