Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

For Sale: DA* 55/1.4, FA* 24/2, 540FGZ flash, lots of accessories
Listed: 12-16-2018, 03:10 PM

The time has come to sell my Pentax gear as I transition to Nikon. I've spent a ton of time acquiring the cleanest gear or the best deals possible, and my iTrader ratings show my reputation on PF. This is just the start, because it will be easier to handle a few items at a time instead of everything at once since I've accumulated so much over the years.

Before I get PMs asking about trades, I would prefer Paypal or cash outright. I'm only looking for ~3 Nikon items, so it would be an astronomical coincidence if you have exactly what I'm looking for and I have what you're looking for

Here are my terms and conditions:

QuoteQuote:
All items must be shipped to a verified Paypal address or I will also accept cash locally (long shot). No brand new accounts without iTrader ratings. Shipping costs will be actual depending on location, weight, and service. USPS, FedEx, and UPS are available, otherwise I will choose the cheapest. Paypal fees are covered by me. Insurance will be added for items above the $100 default. Signature requests can be accommodated. International shipping for items over 16 ounces will cost $40-60 or more.
DA* 55mm f/1.4 $350 $330 + shipping

Purchased from another PF member in early 2012. SDM is in working order although it's definitely "whinier" in operation than Nikon's SWM lenses and the 18-135 DC. The only other SDM lens I've owned was the 17-70/4 and SDM is just that way, it seems.

Anyway, the glass is clean and clear with a bit more dust than usual between the rear and second rearmost elements in spite of it being weather sealed since the seals tend to make the lens into a "pump" for sucking in dust. Won't affect pictures in the slightest.

The lens body is clean with only some small green oxidation spots on the side gold SDM badge. The hood has a couple scratches but nothing major. Good condition, an 8.75/10 all around.

Comes with correct front cap and Pentax Taiwan rear cap, PH-RBH hood with polarizer filter door, S90-100 soft pouch, box, serial card, and manual.

FA* 24mm f/2 $380 $360 + shipping

Purchased from Japan in December 2015 in order to find the cleanest copy due to the fragile silver finish on the FA* series.

Inside, the focus is just right and the auto/manual clutch functions as it should. There is a normal amount of dust without any fungus. No scratches on the glass I can see. It is in 9/10 condition outside with just a couple spots of paint missing on the hood, some faint hairline scratches (not through the paint) you can only see in certain lighting. The body has the typical paint loss on the black hood bayonet area. The label/window thing for the distance scale is slightly starting to come up but has not gotten worse in the 3 years I've had it.

Original and correct front and rear caps are included.

Updated pics showing some internal dust or coating marks? Not sure, but it is a, what, 20 year old lens? I lowered the price.

Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter K M42 to K mount ring $40 + shipping

The one, the only Skip all the cheap ones that require a tool to remove and feel rough when screwing a lens on or off.

Excellent shape and functionality, comes in bag with instructions.

O-ST53 camera strap $Free + shipping, or free with something else.

It's free because the backing felt is cracked and rubbing off.

PENDING AF-540FGZ flash $120 + shipping

Bought this used from Canada and hardly used it since I like available light over flash.

Works great, battery door is tight which is a common issue with these. There are some scratches and button wear shown in the pics. 7.5/10 shape.

Comes with soft pouch, box, and French manual. The manual is available online in your language of choice, anyway.

SOLD K-01 in white $200 + shipping SOLD

I bought this used from a forum member years and years ago. Honestly love the brick (had 2) even though it was an abject failure for Pentax. Having a smaller, cheaper, camera that used the same batteries and lenses as a secondary shooter was a game changer.

The camera is in excellent condition. There is a small scratch on the back right corner, and the screen protector shows some light scuffs. That's the point of the screen protector, eh?

Functionally perfect, clean sensor, I've never had any issues using it.

Comes with all the accessories such as battery, charger, strap, manuals, etc. Will come in its box also, but note that it does not include the 40XS lens.

SOLD K-3 Premium Silver Edition $500 + shipping SOLD

It has a focusingscreen.com screen installed currently, please see the section about it. I will swap back to the stock screen if you don't want it.

Purchased from Henry's in Canada so that I would definitely get one and I would be one of the first to get it. Received November 8th, 2013, it currently is on IMG 2164 but I'd have to look up actual shutter count.

Condition wise, I would rate it a solid 9/10. There is a small scratch next to the front e-dial, there is some paint missing (?) next to the I/O door, and very minor scuffing near the tripod mount on the camera body due to a QR plate. See the pics. The LCDs are scratch free as is the grip.

Functionally, it is excellent overall. All the buttons and dials are smooth, and I can't remember ever taking it outside in more than light snow.

For full disclosure: It does have the common K-3 issue where using a battery in the grip only will cause the camera to lock up and/or throw a "battery depleted" message even with a full battery, requiring a battery pull. I can only remember it happening a couple of times over the years. From what I've read, it's something with the grip's contacts relaying battery state to the camera. The easy fix is using 2 batteries, or going without the grip.

You will receive the box with all extra items that came with the Silver Edition, including a second battery, the silver grip with Li-Ion and AA trays, and the unused brown leather strap. It also comes with all the items you'd get normally like the battery charger, manual, cables, etc. I had purchased an extended warranty as shown but it is now expired, sorry.

SOLD Focusingscreen.com S Type matte screen (no marking, no split prism) $50 + shipping or no shipping charge if I can leave it in the K-3. SOLD

This is a precision matte screen to aid in manual focusing. It includes everything you'd get ordering it brand new including shims, tweezers, and a protective case.

Brand new, these are $76 from Taiwan.

Focusing Screen

SOLD Wasabi D-LI90 battery/charger kit $10 + shipping, or $10 flat if purchased with something else. SOLD

Bought this a good long while ago, everything works great still. With this kit, I always had 5-6 batteries on hand which reduces wear from use.

One of the batteries has a loose cell and it makes noise when you shake it, but it's never been an issue.

Comes with US home charger, car adapter, and the 2 batteries.

SOLD Genuine Pentax D-LI90 battery $10 + shipping, or $10 flat if purchased with something else. SOLD

2012 manufacture date, but having multiple batteries in the rotation means they last longer.

Comes in box with instruction sheet. I can't find a pic of it but I can take one if needed.

SOLD Pentax Remote Control F $2 + shipping, but please buy it with something else to make shipping it logical SOLD

Works great, some scuffing on the top from use, comes with box and paperwork. I haven't used it for a while, the battery may not be any good.

SOLD FA* 300mm f/4.5 $600 + shipping SOLD
Purchased off ebay in summer 2012, this was my most used lens. Another great example of the FA* lenses and you won't believe how compact it is.

Same deal as with the 24mm lens, everything works great including the AF/MF clutch. Normal amount of dust inside. No marks on the glass, although the pictures made it look dusty. You can see the finish marks in the pics, including some nicks and paint loss on the hood bayonet, some very faint marks on the body, crack on the lens hood, and I can bet the cheap knockoff tripod collar has added some scratches. It's such a pain to take off and put back on, I would just leave it on since it's so useful.

Includes original and correct front and rear caps, S90-160 soft case, Opteka Canon ripoff tripod collar, and a very, very bad condition box.

SOLD Pentax D-FA 100mm f/2.8 macro WR $300 + shipping SOLD

Lens is in excellent shape overall, showing only a few scuff marks on the bottom of the barrel. There is some tiny paint loss spots on the knurls near the base of the lens if you look really closely. No other condition issues to note.

Comes with hood, front cap, generic rear press on cap, and box.

SOLD DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 WR $190 + shipping SOLD

Purchased unused from a PF member splitting a new camera bundle. I've used it a few times. It is in like new condition, an easy 9.9/10 with just some dust from sitting.

Comes with the correct front cap and some store-brand-Oreo cookie pattern rear cap, PH-RBC hood with filter door, manual, and serial card.

SOLD DA 12-24mm f/4 $325 shipped SOLD

Purchased this one used from B&H years ago, I want to say it was 8+ condition.

Zoom and focus are smooth, the glass is clear. The only wear on the lens is scratches on the bottom of the hood (like from setting it down since it's so huge). The hood itself is also smoother/shinier than the body finish and is a bit loose when reversed but tight when mounted normally. Good condition overall.

Comes with correct front cap, Pentax Japan rear cap, PH-RBI hood, and original box.

Last edited by ryan s; 9 Hours Ago at 12:39 AM.
Views: 3,582
02-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Original Poster
D-FA 100 was officially sold and shipped last week.

Bumping the thread due to adding the camera bodies and tons of accessories...it's not even the half of them

02-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 81 (100%)
PM sent
6 Days Ago   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
drooling over the k3 silver.... must resist....
5 Days Ago   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Did you post the actual shutter count on the K-3 and I missed it somewhere, or?

5 Days Ago   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
PM sent
Replied.
QuoteOriginally posted by yen800 Quote
drooling over the k3 silver.... must resist....
As they say, it is futile!

Does this help, or make it worse?

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
Did you post the actual shutter count on the K-3 and I missed it somewhere, or?
It is at IMG 2164 having started at 0001, but using the image preview to actuate the shutter does add to the actual count if I remember correctly. I can check it, along with the K-01, but it should be under 3k on the K-3.

Edit: shuttercounter.com says

K-01 2128
K-3 2017

And now I have zero idea how the image files have a higher count than the EXIF data shows¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The previous owner of the K-01 started it at a higher number (shows IMG 61xx) but I started the K-3 at 0001. You can change the image naming scheme, but you can't "roll back" the shutter count.

Last edited by ryan s; 5 Days Ago at 01:31 PM.
1 Day Ago   #21
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
PM sent regarding K-01