Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Fujica ST801 with 3 EBC Fujinons (28/3.5, 55/1.8, and 100/2.8)
Listed: 03-06-2019, 08:06 PM Total Price: 270 Currency: USD Item Location: United States City or State: Spring Green, WI Shipping Destinations: Continental U.S. Only 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Fujica ST801 with 3 EBC Fujinons (28/3.5, 55/1.8, and 100/2.8)

Asking Price
290.00 270 USD

Item Location
Spring Green, WI (United States)

Item Description
I'd prefer to sell this Fuji kit as a set, and the price is for the camera and the three lenses. I may consider selling the items separately, but not until it's clear that I have to separate the set.

I got this kit back around 1973, going the M42 route rather than investing in any of the bayonet-mount options. One reason was that the ST801 had a lot of unique features. For instance, the metering display consists of 7 LEDs on the right side, the center one indicating correct exposure. If two LEDs are lit, that indicates a half-stop reading. Another thing that set the ST801 apart was that the light-measuring cells weren't CdS, but (I think) silicon based, which meant it wasn't blinded by bright sunlight. The ST801 also featured full-aperture metering, which, of course, was also found in the Spotmatic F.

The ST801 is in great shape, though I'm sure the light seals and mirror foam need replacing. The battery compartment is spotless. There is a bit of brassing here and there, and some light scuffing on the bottom plate. The case in the photos below is a newer one I bought after the original had seen better days.

The lenses are all fine optically and the apertures work as they should. Focusing is smooth on all of them, though the rubber focus ring on the 28/3.5 is loose: if you grip it tightly, it works fine, though the buyer may want to secure it with a few drops of crazy glue or such. The 28 has a bit of rash on the edge of the front, as you can see in a photo below, but it's only a visual defect. The 28 also comes with its rectangular light shade.

The 28/3.5 and 100/2.8 have both had the little extension on the side of the mount ground down by a forum member, who also secured the pin for the aperture. Those little extensions had something to do with the full-aperture metering, so the 28 and 100 will no longer meter that way. The 55/1.8's mount hasn't been modified, however, so it will still work as intended on the ST801.

The 55 saw the most use, and it's a great lens. But I think the 100 would have to be my favorite, though I have no empirical reason for that. All three lenses yielded wonderful images, and if you read reviews online and here in the PF, you'll find Fujinon EBC lenses really are something special. (The EBC coating was introduced, I think, the same time the ST801 was.)

Take a look at the photos below to get a sense of the condition of the camera and the three lenses.

If interested, please send me a PM.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
$23.00

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns within 3 days accepted so long as items are in the same condition they shipped in. Buyer pays return postage.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by grey goat; 03-13-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Views: 394
03-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump. . . .
03-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster