Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Asahiflex IIa case, body, parts body, 58/2.4 lens, lens hood w/case, light meter
Listed: 05-21-2019, 02:58 PM Total Price: 375 Currency: USD Item Location: Canada City or State: Victoria Shipping Destinations: Worldwide 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Asahiflex IIa body + IIb parts body, 58/2.4 lens, case, lens hood w/case, light meter

Asking Price
375.00 USD

Item Location
Victoria (Canada)

Item Description
This is part of a larger kit that I purchased a few years ago from someone that had owned it for a couple of decades or so - he bought it as a single lot without adding to it (except maybe the parts body). I have described the larger kit in detail with lots of photos here. If there are other pictures you want, let me know.

I will be posting other things from this kit separately over the next while, but if you see something in my blog post that is not in this list that interests you PM to discuss - please note that the Fujitar 35mm lens and Bellowscope are already sold.

Asahiflex IIa body
Body in Good to Excellent cosmetic condition. Tiny dent on horizontal/sport viewfinder housing, polish and some scratches in cover for waist level finder which has use-wear on the inside of the cover, some other rubbing on metal, leatherette is excellent, minor rubbing and faint scratching on base. Mechanically needs CLA - shutter fires but speeds are slow. Second curtain a bit wrinkled or distorted. Likely that the speeds can be repaired with this curtain (my opinion only) but see parts body below, which has better looking curtains.

Asahiflex IIb body, parts only.
Damaged condition. Missing various parts (most obvious are the lens screw-mount ring on front, focus screen, modified cover and rear flap of waist-level finder) - there appears to have been an attempted and unsuccessful hack conversion to an eye-level finder or reflex?. Other external parts are in good condition including leatherette, knobs, etc. Shutter fires (slowly and only if all knobs set just right), shows both curtains to be in better condition than the IIa. Film compartment very clean. Received cost estimate of $200 to transfer this shutter to the IIa as part of the IIa maintenance (did not get this service done) which is why I have included it with this kit.

Camera Case
In good to excellent condition. Brown leather, embossed AOCo, includes strap with hardware. Has some crazing of surface finish, but no cracks in leather, some paint loss on two upper rear rivets outer surface. The tongues of the strap buckles have verdigris where they are in contact with the leather, which has transferred to the leather. Probably can be cleaned up nicely, but have not tried. Interior shows rubbing where in contact with the body and lens.

Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 58/2.4 lens
Lens condition is excellent: glass has no signs of fungus, scratches (possibly one very fine scratch on front element visibly under magnification only) or separation, no or very little dust; aperture blades have some oil on them, and some blades have the black rubbed off to bare metal but the aperture ring action is smooth and easy; focussing is smooth and easy, barrel when extended shows uneven abrasion but no symptoms of rubbing or binding, etc; cosmetics are good to excellent with brassing on outer painted rim, some fine scratching on barrel, more scratching on barrel visible when focused close.
No caps, no case for lens.
Test of the lens (on digital body) can be seen here.

Hood for 58/2.4 lens in leather case,
Hood condition is good with the black paint worn chipped through to aluminum? in places, felt/velvet? inside hood is in good condition, no sign of moth etc, inner part (metallic) of hood is in excellent condition on outside but inside some black paint has exfoliated.

Hood case
Brown leather case embossed AOCo
Case condition is fair - overall it is good, but there is one mark on it where it has been pressed against a metal loop, apparently for some time, which has dented the leather deeply and left what looks like a rust residue. Otherwise very minor and few marks, snap works, interior minor rubbing, leather flap inside to protect from rivets is partly loose but in good shape.

I don't have photos handy of the hood/case but will upload at a later date when I have taken them if there is interest.

Asahiflex manual
Condition is damaged, with minor tear in cover and some bent corners, sellotape adhesive on some pages, etc
“Instruction Asahi Flex, Asahi Optical Co., Ltd. No. 980, Shimura-Maenocho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Printed by Hosokawa, Tokyo, Japan“, indicates inside it is for “Asahiflex Model II” with reference to both the IIA and IIB variants.
Did have pages from the extension tubes manual taped in but those will be sold separately with the tubes (scan of it is here)

Agfa Lucimeter S light meter;
Condition is damaged with split in yellow/white housing (glued) and scratches over the plastic parts including dial. Includes strap strap but no case or diffuser, still working. I think it probably was used with this camera when all were new.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
British Columbia

Shipping Services
Canada Post, USPS, courier

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping cost to be determined depending on needs of recipient.
Might consider selling parts separately, but prefer to sell as a single unit.
Payment within Canada can be made via Interac banking transfer. Canadian sale may be subject to GST.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Ehpem; 05-22-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Views: 682
07-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
I will be out of town and totally "off grid" until July 31, 2019 so I will be unable to respond to replies until after I return.