Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
smc Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4

I bought this smc Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 years ago brand new from Amazon and used it for a lot of low light photos and portraits, especially handy when my kids were babies and could sit still for a picture! Alas, the kids have grown up a bit, and since I acquired a FA 43 limited, this excellent prime lens doesn’t see much use these days. I also am trying to reduce my K-mount gear that I don't use that much, a lot of which I bought over the years due to LBA run amok. I will miss this lens as it produces beautiful bokeh, is lightweight and compact, fast autofocus, and ultra sharp when stopped down to f/2.2 or so. Great workhorse portrait lens for APS-C bodies and excellent “normal” lens for full frame cameras.

The auto focus and aperture function perfectly. The lens shows almost no signs of wear other than the usual small amounts of dust and very minor marks on the plastic. Glass is perfect. Lens comes with Pentax front and back caps, the original box, serial number paperwork, and two bonus items: a metal lens hood that greatly improves contrast when using this lens on an APS-C body, and a very clean Hoya NXT UV Haze Multicoated 49mm filter (a $23 value!), which has been installed on the lens from day 1.

Asking $125, via PayPal or Venmo. Price includes USPS shipping to CONUS and all paypal fees; other North America locations, please ask about shipping rates. No returns please, I take care of my equipment and it functions and appears as I have described above. I will be sure to package the lens very carefully for shipment.

Below are some images of the lens as well as some sample photos I've taken with it.

---------- Post added 06-24-19 at 05:52 PM ----------

Stealth PM replied to!

---------- Post added 06-24-19 at 06:13 PM ----------

that was fast. Sold!

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 06-24-2019 at 11:11 AM.