Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Sigma 180/3.5 Macro, Tamron 180/2.5, FA*300/4.5, DA*60-250/4(FF modified) and more

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 180/3.5 Macro, Tamron 180/2.5, FA*300/4.5, DA*60-25/4(FF modified) and more

Asking Price
100 USD

Item Location
Los Angeles, CA (United States)

Item Description
I'm a birder, and after shooting D500 and D850 with two 500/4 and 500/5.6PF primes for two years I'm finally selling all my Pentax gears. Most of the staff was purchased new, and I'm original owner. There are a few items what purchased used, but all of them are of very good quality and conditions.

Please note that I do not use PayPal. I prefer Google Pay. If you have a gmail account setting GooglePay is very easy. If you are not affiliated with Google at all, you have two options: create an account or just PM me. We may be able to find another payment solution.

Here you go:

Sigma 180/3.5 APO Macro DG - SOLD

I purchased it a few years ago from KEH (condition better than excellent EX+). It is a great lens, but I haven't shot it much due my primary birding interests. The prices of Nikon and Canon mounts are at least twice lower. However, they have plenty of other similar long FL 1:1 macro choices.

There are no recent 180/3.5 Macro K-mount offerings neither here on PF, nor on eBay, Adorama used, or B&H used. The last 180/3.5 Macro PF reviewer from 2018 reported $1300 price paid. Probably this is the very last opportunity for years to come to buy flawless legendary 180/3.5 macro. The lens is fully functional and has no surface defects. The glass is impeccable.

Sigma AF 1.4x APO EX Tele converter - Please see new sale thread

Sigma did develop new 1.4x TC recently. However, it is not available in K-mount. In the past I’ve done a lot of testing and shooting of the best of the best TCs available in K-mount at that time:
The best TC for the FA*300/4.5: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

For the Sigma lenses Sigma 1.4x DG and earlier non-DG EX versions are the best choice. As you can see from the link above my older EX non-DG TC appeared to be even slightly better than EX DG version. Also 1.4x APO DG TC has protruding outside of the lens mount element and may not fit all Pentax lenses. The glass is clean with no flaws. And general TC condition is great. I think this TC is FF compatible the same as Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF, but my K-1 is gone, and I can’t test the Sigma.

Pentax SMC FA* 300mm f/4.5 ED [IF] – Please see new sale thread

and

Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 - (FF compatible) SOLD

I cautiously chose this lens over DA*300/4 due to faster AF and no faulty SDM motor used. It was my first serious introduction into wildlife photography. Got it directly from Japan and it was perfect from day one. Shot it a lot with and without TC.
Along with the lens I’ll include suitable Canon lens tripod mount leg, which is missing from FA*300/4.5 design. The lens condition is very good. Glass is clean with no flaws. There are a few minor scuffs on the lens body, caused mainly by mentioned above Canon lens tripod mount leg, but that is the price to pay for use of tripod with this lens.
Original caps, hood, and pouch (forgot to picture it) are also included.

I would recommend buying this FA*300 together with Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 TC (shown below) to match the best quality.

As you can see here

The best TC for the FA*300/4.5: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review I was very careful selecting the best 1.4x TC to be pared with this particular lens copy.

Please also note that this TC is full frame compatible:
Is Tamron 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 TC Really FF?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

So, it does work with K-1 and K-1 Mk.II bodies. If you may know the latest Pentax DA HD 1.4x TC is strictly for APS-C bodies.

And here is couple of images taken with this lens. Do not remember did I use TC for these images or not. Unfortunately Pentax EXIF data is not available for 3rd party TCs.

"35th Anniversary" Tamron SP 180 mm LD (IF) f/ 2.5 Adaptall-2 (Model 63B) - SOLD

This is one of Tamron's best lenses ever from the past: the “35th Anniversary” 180/2.5 (actually it shows f/2.4 when wide open). It was produced in limited numbers, just 3,000 being manufactured. According to the sources it is the ideal portrait lens, which many professional photographers have criticized for being too sharp: Tamron SP Adaptall-2 180mm F/2.5 LD-IF Model 63B

The smoothness and long throw of focusing ring are fantastic. I haven’t shot it much since I bought it because for a while most of my photography activities are related mostly to wildlife shooting.
I will ship this lens with regular Adaptall Pentax adapter (no aperture contacts). If you’d like to have controllable from the camera aperture, for $50 extra you can get Tamron Adaptall 2 Lens Adapter For Pentax K AF with electronic contacts.

SMC Pentax-DA* 60-250mm F4 ED [IF] SDM - SOLD

This is one of my favorite Pentax lenses. Incredible quality zoom and a very good copy. SDM is working fine. I never have had any trouble with it. There is a tiny whitish circular/oval line on front element coating (see below). I believe once I just touched a tree branch with it. It is barely visible in reflecting light and only from one direction. I had a real trouble to locate it and make a picture of it. It does not affect image quality whatsoever.
The lens was modified for the full frame and is very useful on K-1. Please see my corresponding post from the past: Modified DA*60-250/4 on K-1: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Original box, caps, hood, and pouch are included.

I supposed to list all my staff at once. However, all these activities are overwhelming ☹. It took so much time to prepare even those postings above. There is a whole list of what I’m going to sell. Please specify what item are you interested in. I will add description, pictures and price for it. All info to follow.

Cameras:

Pentax K-01 (shutter count only 754) + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread
I also can include Carry Speed LCD ViewFinder attachable to the screen which makes shooting K-01 like serious video camera (Viewfinder SOLD)

Pentax K-5 IIs (2,948 shutter count). All originals are included. May include for free 3rd party K7 Battery grip, which is compatible as I remember. Please see new sale thread

Pentax K-5: shutter count is 70,821 (yeah, I know ☺) and still counting. I make all my sales pictures here with it. Plus box and all originals. Will sell it for cheap. Would make nice UV camera for example.

Lenses:

Lester Dine (Dentist version of Kiron) 105/2.8 Macro (1:1) Dentist Kit SOLD

Pentax-DA 15/4 Ltd. (green band) + caps and pouch Please see new sale thread

Tamron SP AF XR Di LD (IF) 28-75/2.8 Macro + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread

Pentax –DA 35/2.8 Macro Ltd. (green band) + Box and all originals. SOLD

Pentax-DA 16-45/4 + Box and all originals. This is very good, but underestimated Pentax lens. Please see new sale thread

Rokinon 8/3.5 Fish-Eye CS (manual focus) + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread

Sigma 8-16/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Very good copy! + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread
At 15-16mm the lens is pretty useable on full frame K-1: K-1 and Sigma 8-16/4.5-5.6 DC UWA: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Tamron SP Di AF 90/2.8 Macro (1:1) + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread

Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter + Box and all originals. Please see new sale thread

Lensbaby Composer Pro with 2 lenses: + Box and all originals. SOLD
Sweet 35/2.5
Edge 80/2.8

Accessories:

Genuine Pentax M42 adapter SOLD

Tamron Adaptal II K-mount adapter SOLD
K-mount to Pentax 67 adapter

K-7 3rd party battery grip – free with either K-5 or K-5 IIs

Wired Remote

APK Kenko Auto Extension Tube (no contacts, but Aperture lever) Please see new sale thread

Genuine Asahi Pentax Extension Tube K set +original BOX and original pouch (very old looking even cracked) Please see new sale thread

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes and No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Shipping cost - extra

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns until item is definitely not functional (they all are)

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Greyser; 11-17-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Listing update
09-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #2
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
You’ve got a nice collection!
09-15-2019, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Just dropped by to say that this bald eagle shot is truly stunning.
09-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vietnam74 Quote
You’ve got a nice collection!
Thanks

---------- Post added 09-15-19 at 10:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
Thank you. Shot in Denali, Alaska

---------- Post added 09-15-19 at 10:46 AM ----------

Sale pending: Tamron 1.4x TC and Pentax M42 adapter

---------- Post added 09-15-19 at 05:26 PM ----------

By multiple requests I'd like to post some pictures and the price.

There is a full Dental Kit. Probably unused, however, there is some handwriting on one of the manuals.

Here how it looks:

It does include a plastic box, ZX 50 camera, macro ring flash, and lens itself. The lens is immaculate.

I would sell the whole kit for $250 plus shipping.

Last edited by Greyser; 09-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.
09-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
M42 adapter, Lester Dine Dental Kit, and Tamron AF 1.4x TC are sold and shipped
09-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Free bump for some awesome lenses and photos to boot. Cheers
09-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reality_Check Quote
Free bump for some awesome lenses and photos to boot. Cheers
Thanks

---------- Post added 09-21-19 at 05:32 PM ----------

I have a couple requests about Tamron 28-75/2.8. So, there is some extra details.

I purchased this lens 9 years ago from Canadian site ‘prodigital2000’ with 7 years of extended warranty included (never had an issue with it, however).
Along with DA 16-45/4 (very capable, but underestimated Pentax lens, BTW) I obtained this lens as a replacement for K-x kit lens. I shot it successfully with K-x, K-5, K-5IIs, K-3, and K-1.

Another good thing about tis lens is “macro” (close up) ability. There are a few shots:

APS-C close-ups:

IMGP4014: Greyser: Galleries: Digital Photography Review : Digital Photography Review

IMGP7813: Greyser: Galleries: Digital Photography Review : Digital Photography Review

and Salvador Dali on LA's Rodeo Drive with full frame K-1:

There is an ultimate truth about this lens. Yes, there is very pronounced copy variations record. However, if one is lucky enough to get on hold of a good copy, he/she usually becomes very happy with the lens. And my copy turned out to be really great. So, if you want the lowest cost unknown performer from eBay or Japan, please go for it. If you are looking for the proven good copy, here’re you go: it is available for $225 plus shipping.

And yes, lens condition is still excellent. Actually all product/lenses shots what you saw in this thread were done with this lens and K-5.

---------- Post added 09-21-19 at 06:33 PM ----------

Let's play the game.

All prices are reduced!

Last edited by Greyser; 09-21-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Adding more details
09-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote

Have to agree with BarneyL that photo stopped me in my scrolling tracks
09-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
Have to agree with BarneyL that photo stopped me in my scrolling tracks

09-25-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
I can't believe that no one has purchased the Tamron 180/2.5 lens. This is one of my favorite bokeh lenses.

Here's a couple of photos I took today with it. Great colors, depth, bokeh and sharpness.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 05-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.
09-25-2019, 04:35 PM   #11
Forum Member

Location: As I said before, I quit this forum due to people so rude to each other. Bye!
Maybe it's in the range that overlapped by other great Pentax lens.
09-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by vietnam74 Quote
Maybe it's in the range that overlapped by other great Pentax lens.
Do you have a specific Pentax lens in mind? I've owned many Pentax lenses in this focal range and have not found one yet that can compare with this lens - especially when it comes to bokeh.
09-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #13
Forum Member

I'm thinking about HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW or SMC Pentax-DA* 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM,
09-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I can't believe that no one has purchased the Tamron 180/2.5 lens. This is one of my favorite bokeh lenses.

Here's a couple of photos I took today with it. Great colors, depth, bokeh and sharpness.
Thanks for a bump and nice examples.
:-) SG
09-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Beautiful example shots, Greyser!

Can you tell me approximately how long the Adaptall 63B's focus throw is in degrees, please?