Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Pentax K-x body and Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 lens combo
Listed: 12-31-2019, 09:03 AM Total Price: 100 Currency: EUR Item Location: Ireland City or State: Galway Shipping Destinations: Worldwide 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-x body and Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 lens combo

Asking Price
100.00 EUR

Item Location
Galway (Ireland)

Item Description
Note: Sample images from this camera and lens combo can be viewed here: K-x and Vivitar 28 mm samples - JaredQGerlach
I had this camera and lens up for sale early in 2020, but pulled it during our first round of lockdown.

After a long and fruitful partnership, it’s finally time to say goodbye to an old friend. This K-x was my gateway to Pentax and to the use of raw files in my photography. I bought this camera new from a retailer based in France in the summer of 2009.

This K-x is in very good physical condition with only the most minimal signs of external wear. However, I am selling it both ‘as is’ and described as in ‘fair’ condition because it has a sporadic dark frame issue upon startup. Sometimes it’s once a day, sometimes it’s more frequent, but it will produce one dark frame upon startup at some point. (Please note that this is not the solenoid issue common to the K-30, K-50, KS, etc. and will occur even with M42 lenses mounted.)

That said, the issue manifested itself at ~12,000 shutter cycles during 2013 and the camera now has 26,500 cycles on the shutter, but the dark frame issue has not progressed. In fact, I had enough confidence in this camera to take it on a month-long trip across Europe (at ~20k shutter cycles and well after the dark frame issue appeared) and had no additional problems whatsoever.

Included with the camera is a Pentax strap, the original manual (in French), a 2GB memory card, and a Vivitar-branded PKA/R 28mm f/2.8 lens.

This Cosina-manufactured Vivitar MC 28 mm prime has five aperture blades, a full-stop incremental aperture ring as well as an “A” setting. Overall, this lens is in excellent condition. The optics are free of scratches and the mount looks almost as if new. The aperture is snappy and the exterior of the lens free from any major signs of use. This lens has a Ricoh pin, but it is of the easily-compressed “nub” type and I’ve used it on three different Pentax DSLRs without any issues. I am not the original owner of this lens - it was purchased used from a camera retailer in Arizona during the summer of 2015.

Please PM for a quote on shipping.

Questions are certainly welcome.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Varies - please PM me for a quote

Shipping Services
Tracked shipping only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
14 days if item is not as described. Buyer pays return postage.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by photocles; 01-09-2021 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Reinstated, price lowered, shipping changed, return changed
Views: 1,817
01-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Free bump for this very capable k-x, my first pentax body!
01-19-2020, 06:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
Sunday bump.
12-01-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump.

12-31-2020, 06:39 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump.
02-07-2021, 04:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump.
03-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump.
04-18-2021, 04:22 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Last call. If anyone is remotely interested, please drop me a PM.