PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-1 body, boxed (read text!)

Asking Price
999.00 GBP

Item Location
St Neots (UK)

Item Description
Full disclosure up front - I dropped this camera on 2019-09-12 ! It has since been repaired by CPES under insurance and I've taken about 52 images with it, and all appears fine. The repair has a 6-month warranty from about mid-December, and I will happily co-operate with the buyer should there be a need to claim under that. The repairs consisted of replacing the top cover, pentaprism and FPC circuit board and "super impose screen" (presumably the LCD overlay, not the focusing screen itself); they then checked/calibrated the AF, metering, shutter and exposure. The last picture below shows the damage sustained - it's not like that any more! And it didn't go down with the 15-30 on it, luckily.

I'm only selling because I had to buy a used K-1 II hastily due to going on holiday soon after the drop, and as I'll probably take the same caning either way, I'm planning to keep the Mk II. Couldn't get a used K-1 at the time...

Anyway, as you see from (most of) the pix below, it's in fine condition - apart from the very occasional (I hope...) accident I treat my kit as well as I can. I bought it new from SRS in early December 2017, and its shutter count is now just under 7700. It is boxed, and comes with the usual accessories, some of them still bagged as I transferred my used bits to the Mk II. The battery is a DSTE one, though, not a genuine Pentax. (Accessories include proper body cap, hotshoe cover, viewfinder cover and cup, unused strap, charger, two mains leads, battery, manual and software CD). I'd much prefer to sell, but may consider a trade if the item is especially interesting. There's nothing I actually need right now, but you know how GAS is...

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
UK Only

Shipping Charge
£12

Shipping Services
Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm

Accepted Payment Types
Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept return if faulty - see description. Other shipping options by mutual agreement. Can accept PayPal but would want to split fees; bank transfer is preferable.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Last edited by h4yn0nnym0u5e; 07-12-2020 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Failed to upload one image; image then appeared last, not first...; added stuff about trading
01-13-2020, 06:57 AM - 6 Likes   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
I'd like to commend the OP for disclosing the repairs done to this camera. Such transparency is refreshing, especially since - following the professional repair work - there's no reason for this to be viewed as anything other than an excellent, lightly-used K-1.

Bravo, sir, and good luck with your sale
01-14-2020, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'd like to commend the OP for disclosing the repairs done to this camera. Such transparency is refreshing, especially since - following the professional repair work - there's no reason for this to be viewed as anything other than an excellent, lightly-used K-1.

Bravo, sir, and good luck with your sale
Thanks for your support! I do try to be as open as possible about these things, especially in such a great community as PF.
01-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
great job withe service center as well, up!

07-12-2020, 03:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Little bump. Only about 4 months left on the repair warranty now. Make me a (sensible) offer - go on, you know you want to!

---------- Post added 2020-07-12 at 03:52 AM ----------

Another bump after re-instatement of expired listing: where does the time go?! I've struck through the bit about the repair warranty because obviously that no longer applies.

Make me an offer (sensible only, though, please...). Still prefer to ship to UK, insurance can get sooo messy / expensive for international shipping when you're not used to doing it.
08-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another minor bump, and a polite request. If you are thinking of making an offer from outside the UK, please (a) actually make an offer, and (b) have a reasonably significant post count on PF. Members with 1 or 2 posts making offers on a $1000 item from 4000 miles away make me a bit nervous... sorry about that, but there it is. Oh, and it'd cost £100 to send this insured to the USA, so I really can't believe it makes economic sense for me to send it.
08-13-2020, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sold elsewhere