Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Sigma 70-200 F2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
Listed: 03-27-2020, 08:33 PM Total Price: 475 Currency: USD Item Location: United States City or State: Minnesota Shipping Destinations: Continental U.S. Only 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 70-200 F2.8 II APO EX DG Macro

Asking Price
$450.00 USD

Item Location
Minnesota (United States)

Item Description
I've had this lens up for sale last year. I've still not used or mounted it to any camera since getting it back from Sigma for the K-1 update and new HSM.. I keep thinking I will get a K-1 but I never do. Its a great lens and should have an owner who will use it.

Sigma 70-200 F2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
This has been my go to lens to shoot sports (Soccer and Ice Hockey) & grade school plays. In April 2018 my much used K-30 suffered the dreaded aperture block failure. Thinking I was headed for a K-1 I finally sent it back to Sigma to get the K-1 update. See link to post here

(Update) Use of Pentax mount SIGMA interchangeable lenses when attached to the K1 - PentaxForums.com

When I sent it up to Sigma the HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) was working fine. When they received the lens they told me it was dead. $155 latter it was replaced and sent back to me. It has not been mounted to a camera since. I still get lots of requests to shoot youth hockey. I've decided its not worth the effort if my son no longer plays plus the fact I've got nothing to mount it to has led me to selling it. Included in the photos is the paper work from Sigma stating the lens has been up dated to the K-1 mount and the HSM has been replaced. I have the original box and most of the paper work that came with it. I will pay shipping to the continental USA via UPS Ground or Priority Mail. I've priced it at $575 because with the new motor & mount its nearly a new lens. If you have a K-1 and don't want to pay for the Pentax 70-200 This is your best alternative.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If Item is not in stated condition I will accept a return.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by munch008; 04-20-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: price change
Views: 1,435
04-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Original Poster
bump

bump Bump Bump
04-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price change bump from $500 to $475
04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Your K-1 really wants this lens bump

04-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
My K-70 really loves this lens!
04-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Great lens
04-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Last Price change before EBAY

I really would like to see someone in the Pentax Forums get this lens. If It doesn't sell soon its off to eBay. Thanks for looking
04-27-2020, 05:04 AM   #8

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Working?

I am interested in this model of lens.
But if it hasnít been on a camera since you got it back, how do we know it works?

05-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Jeff,
I don't. I'm assuming that since I sent it to Sigma they would not send it back to me unless it did. The reason I've not mounted it is I don't want any marks on the mounting plate to prove the it did indeed get the K-1 update. If you want it I'm sure i can find someone local who will let me mount it on their camera and test shoot it. Let me know.

Jeff I talked to a friend from my church who has a K-1. I will test it this afternoon. She is going to use it for a shoot on Sunday. I will post images this afternoon.

---------- Post added 05-01-20 at 04:55 PM ----------

Jeff you were right to want me to test the lens. I mounted it to a K-1 and it would not focus or communicate with the camera. On a good note it mounted just fine and did not put the scratch into the K-1. Below is the email I sent to our good friends at Sigma.

Hello,
My name is Tom Boland. In April 2018 I sent my 70-200 F2.8 II APO EX DG Macro up to have theUpgrade to the Pentax K-1 mount. I willattach the paperwork I got back with the lens. While it was at Sigma You informed me that It needed a new HSM. Today 5/1/2020 was the first day it wasmounted on a camera. The HSM does notwork and the lens will not communicate with the camera. It was mounted on a Pentax K-1. Just to be sure I mounted a Sigma 35mm F1.4DG HSM. This lens worked fine respondingto changes in aperture and focus distance. Iím very disappointed. Pleaseadvise on how to resolve the situation.
Kind Regards,
Tom Boland
See contact information on attached paperwork.

Last edited by munch008; 05-01-2020 at 09:58 AM. Reason: new info
05-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help Sigma

This is what I got back from our "good" friends at Sigma:

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting Sigma Corporation of America, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your lens. You are of course more than welcome to send your lens back in for evaluation. Unfortunately our repair warranties only last for about three months after a repair is complete so we would not be able to cover any possible new repairs under the previous order. If you choose to send your Sigma item in and are within the US please follow this linkhttps://www.sigmaphoto.com/service-support/ to our address as well as the repair form for you to fill out and submit. Once submitted please print two copies, one to hold onto as this will have your order number and the other to send in with your lens along with a copy of your proof of purchase. Due to the current Pandemic situation our repair department is currently closed. Please keep all items together and an eye on our site for when we can start accepting repairs once more. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
Jess Karszen

Thanking me for my Understanding and patience is a very long stretch.