PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
M42 mount 35mm Bodies; Ricoh/Sears

Asking Price
0.00 USD

Item Location
Near Charlotte NC (United States)

Item Description
Okay: I happened to acquire these two nice late 60s/early 70s screw mount bodies. They are both variations of the Ricoh Singlex TLS. The nicer of the two is the Sears T•L•S. The Ricoh version is marked Singlex TLS. I'll describe them as best as I can, but please consider them as being sold "As Is."

The Sears:
The camera appears to have been lightly used. There are no dents or signs of having been dropped There are faint scratches on the bottom plate and a few elsewhere. The lens mount shows almost no wear. A few marks near the strap lugs.
NEW INFO: I tested the camera with an EPX625G battery, which is the apparent modern equivalent to the original. The meter does appear to work. It moves in response to changing light, changes in aperture and shutter speed. I have not tested the accuracy of the meter.

No box, manual, case, strap, body cap or battery.

The shutter fires, and sounds as though it cycles through the shutter speeds correctly
The mirror moves as it should
The film advance works as it should
I do not know if the flash sync works
The self timer fires the shutter properly
The internal trigger that resets the film counter works correctly
The camera activates "auto" M42 lenses properly
There is some dirt inside of the battery compartment, but this does not appear to be corrosion; the contacts look good
There is dust in the viewing path, mostly on the ground glass
There is a defect in part of the pentaprism. This shows up as a wide black line in the lower part of the view. This is shown in the pictures. It isn't pretty, but one could work around it. Both cameras have a variation on this.

The Ricoh:
This one has been used, but not abused. There are no dents or signs of having been dropped There is average or less wear on the bottom, the lens mount, the back/top, and near the strap lugs.
The meter did not work when a battery was installed.

Comes with OE (leather?) case and manual. Also includes the accessory flash shoe (not a hot shoe). No strap, no box, no battery, and no body cap.

The shutter fires, and sounds as though it cycles through the shutter speeds properly
The mirror moves as it should
The film advance works as it should
I do not know if the flash sync works
The self timer fires the shutter properly
The internal trigger that resets the film counter sticks; the counter resets, but you have to fiddle with it
The camera activates "auto" M42 lenses properly
The inside of the battery compartment does not show signs of significant corrosion
There is a small amount of dust in the viewing path
As I mentioned above, there is a defect in the pentaprism. This shows up as a black area in the view.

These would be fun to play with or good looking addition(s) to your collection. Asking $23 for the Sears, $20 for the Ricoh. That price includes PayPal fees and continental US ground shipping.

Not trying to hold you up on price; these both edge into a more expensive shipping category due to weight.

Please ask any questions you may have, or if there are images that you'd like to see.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sorry, the sale of either of these would be final.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 

Last edited by MXLX; 05-24-2020 at 06:25 PM.
05-08-2020, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump and clarification: The black defect in the view of each camera is due to a problem with the foam that the pentaprism sits on. That deterioration causes damage to the silvering of the pentaprism. Because of the contact patch of the foam, the defect would not appear to be able to spread farther up or down in the field of view.
05-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump-ola. C'mon collectors, tinkerers or film-curious Takumar owners!
05-24-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for new information in the first post; the Sears appears to be functional.

06-07-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump.
NEW PRICE: I’ll sell both of these for $35, shipped! Hit me up with any questions or interest!