Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
35mm Film Kit: MZ-3, FA 43mm Limited, AF280T - Tested!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
35mm Film Kit: MZ-3, FA 43mm Limited, AF280T - Tested!

Asking Price
400.00 USD

Item Location
Oregon (United States)

Item Description
If you're looking for an autofocus 35mm body but nervous about spending the money on an questionable MZ-S, the MZ-3 is the body to get. The MZ-3 has been repaired by Advanced Camera in Portland, Oregon, so you don't have to worry about plastic gear failure. The FA43 was bought from another forum member. It's the "made in Vietnam" version but I've been happy with it's performance and results. The lens includes all the accessories. The AF-280T flash includes the hard-to-find wide angle adapter and case.

Everything is clean. The MZ-3 has some minor exterior scuffing. Everything functions except the built-in flash does not work (hot shoe does work, see note on repair invoice). I never bothered to replace the battery in the date back so I don't know if it works (battery is removed to prevent acid leakage).

This kit has been tested (camera, lens, flash). See sample photo on Fuji Pro 400H. No issues with the LCD, film transport motor, autofocus, TTL flash.

I can send the full size pictures if you want a closer look.

Would prefer to sell as a kit. But open to offers.

I'll eat the shipping and insurance within the US. Willing to ship outside the US if you pay for shipping + customs minus $20 USD. Message me for a quote.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free within US

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail (insured)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
14-day return

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by murrelet; 08-17-2020 at 08:27 AM.
07-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bump.

And a nice review of the slightly lower-spec MZ-5: Pentax MZ-5 Review - Cheap Thrills with an AF SLR Film Camera - 35mmc
08-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Weekend bump. Open to offers.
08-17-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Lower price. Will give this until the end of the month before I list it on the Bay.