Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: Sigma Macro 50mm f2.8 (Manual Focus, KA, 1:1)
Listed: 10-30-2020, 01:41 PM Total Price: 60 Currency: USD Item Location: United States City or State: Aurora CO Shipping Destinations: Worldwide 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma Macro 50mm f2.8 (Manual Focus, KA, 1:1)

Asking Price
60.00 USD

Item Location
Aurora CO (United States)

Item Description

It's a Sigma lens with Macro in its name that is actually a real macro! This lens is very versatile so it doesn't just sit on the shelf waiting for 1:1 macros. It has the A position on the aperture ring so the camera body can control aperture. That means it's easier to use a flash, and allows multisegment metering. I have used it often as a regular 50mm that happens to focus really close, and is consistent from wide open.

The filter size is 52mm. It has 6 aperture blades. Sigma coatings from this era were not awesome for flare, but I don't have any flare complaints with it. I have the Superwide II 24mm 2.8 with the same coatings which does have flare, but the 50mm focal length, recessed front element and simpler optical design must help. The focus feel is fairly light and smooth, surprising because the lens extends from either side of the focus ring. The markings are just white paint, not engraved. They look good and seem to be durable enough over my ownership, which is maybe 14 years of occasional use. This lens has a Ricoh pin that hasn't caused any trouble so I left it intact.

More pictures here: Sigma 50 macro | Flickr Caps are generic.

The best photo I've taken with it was a portrait of my wife in a botanic garden. I had taken a ton of flower shots before asking her to pose for a handful of portraits.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included US, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
returns if not as described. I cover Paypal fees.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
Views: 340