Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
Zacuto "Pro" Viewfinder Kit - Customized for Pentax K-1 (or K-1ii)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Zacuto "Pro" Viewfinder Kit - Customized for Pentax K-1 (or K-1ii)

Asking Price
100.00 USD

Item Location
wisconsin (United States)

Item Description
Complete, Zacuto "Pro" Viewfinder Kit - customized for Pentax K-1 ( or K-1ii ) !

For the last three years I've focused 100% of my K-1 photos by using a Zacuto viewfinder attached to the back of my Pentax K-1 camera. In my opinion, it's the best way to consistently nail critical focus on those narrow DOF shots (especially for older shooters like me).

There are various sizes and types of Zacuto viewfinders, and I've owned all of them. I've finally settled on this size/model that's the perfect match for the Pentax K-1 camera. This one covers the entire K-1 LCD screen, with no part of the screen blocked out (like some do).

Also, unlike many stock Zacuto base-plates, this particular Zacuto base-plate is the only one that can be installed on a K-1 (or K-1ii) and not block the battery door (see photo).

This viewfinder kit has already been custom fitted to the Pentax K-1 camera. All you will have to do is attach it to your K-1, adjust the focusing wheel to fit your particular visual acuity, and you're ready to consistently nail focus with your manual focus lenses.

This used Zacuto viewfinder has pristine glass and a smooth operating focusing adjustment wheel. Overall it's in near mint condition, with many of the components being brand new.

Please note that this viewfinder will NOT fit onto a K-1 camera if the camera has a vertical grip on it.

You will receive an excellent, used Zacuto viewfinder, and all of the many extras that are show in the first photo (of course the K-1 camera shown in the photos is not included).

This viewfinder comes with 4 extender frames. If you find that the focusing wheel on this finder is not sufficient to compensate for your poor vision, you can insert one or more of these extender frames between the viewfinder and the mounting frame to achieve perfect focus.

I am available to help you (via email) if you have questions about setting it up.

Over the last 3 or 4 years I've sold a few of these here on the Pentax Forums and I believe that all of the buyers were pleased with them (see my perfect feedback please).

I will consider shipping outside of the USA for an extra charge...

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
only if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 08-30-2021 at 05:28 PM.
11-23-2020, 01:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Does this also fit the KP? I.e. is it fairly adaptable or is this version specifically made for the intention of just the K-1?
11-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
2 questions

1: Would you be able to swap out the 3.2-inch mounting frame with a 3-inch mounting frame so it will work on my KP.
2: Would it block my KP battery cover?
11-23-2020, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Does this also fit the KP? I.e. is it fairly adaptable or is this version specifically made for the intention of just the K-1?

Great question! I should have been clearer about what camera models this viewfinder works with.

I have used this viewfinder on various Pentax cameras with 3.2-inch LCD screens. I can say that it works great on any Pentax body with a 3.2" LCD screen on the back ( K3, K3ii, K1, K1ii ) because the "mounting frame" on this viewfinder that I am selling is in fact designed specifically for a 3.2" LCD screen.

I have not used it on any Pentax cameras with a 3.0-inch LCD screen ( K70, KP, K5, K7 ). I do not have a Pentax body with a 3" screen to test it on; so, you will need to do the research yourself to make the determination if it will fit to your satisfaction on your camera with a 3" screen. I would like to mention that there is a 3" mounting frame available for this viewfinder (I'm not providing a 3-inch mounting frame, and you'd need to buy a 3" mounting frame yourself on Ebay). If you purchased a 3" mounting frame for this viewfinder it would certainly fit onto your 3" screen better than the 3.2" mounting frame that comes with it. Would the base plate cover the battery compartment door on cameras with a 3" LCD screen? I don't know, you'd need to figure that out yourself. No returns accepted if it doesn't fit to your liking on your camera with a 3" LCD screen.

I just tried this viewfinder on my Pentax K10D camera body which is an older model with a small 2.5-inch LCD screen on the back. While it does work on 2.5" LCD screens, I do not recommend it for these older cameras with the smaller 2.5" screens because the oversized mount covers the control buttons on either side of the LCD screen and you would not be able to use these buttons/controllers with the viewfinder in place. No returns accepted if it doesn't fit to your liking on your camera with a 2.5" LCD screen.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-23-2020 at 12:23 PM.
11-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Great question! I should have been clearer about what camera models this viewfinder works with.

I have used this viewfinder on various Pentax cameras with 3.2-inch LCD screens. I can say that it works great on any Pentax body with a 3.2" LCD screen on the back ( K3, K3ii, K1, K1ii ) because the "mounting frame" on this viewfinder that I am selling is in fact designed specifically for a 3.2" LCD screen.

I have not used it on any Pentax cameras with a 3.0-inch LCD screen ( K70, KP, K5, K7 ). I do not have a Pentax body with a 3" screen to test it on; so, you will need to do the research yourself to make the determination if it will fit to your satisfaction on your camera with a 3" screen. I would like to mention that there is a 3" mounting frame available for this viewfinder (I'm not providing a 3-inch mounting frame, and you'd need to buy a 3" mounting frame yourself on Ebay). If you purchased a 3" mounting frame for this viewfinder it would certainly fit onto your 3" screen better than the 3.2" mounting frame that comes with it. Would the base plate cover the battery compartment door on cameras with a 3" LCD screen? I don't know, you'd need to figure that out yourself. No returns accepted if it doesn't fit to your liking on your camera with a 3" LCD screen.

I just tried this viewfinder on my Pentax K10D camera body which is an older model with a small 2.5-inch LCD screen on the back. While it does work on 2.5" LCD screens, I do not recommend it for these older cameras with the smaller 2.5" screens because the oversized mount covers the control buttons on either side of the LCD screen and you would not be able to use these buttons/controllers with the viewfinder in place. No returns accepted if it doesn't fit to your liking on your camera with a 2.5" LCD screen.
Thanks for that. I have the K-1 anyway so am happy to proceed with purchase if the shipping costs are practical.
11-23-2020, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks much for the purchase and quick payment Eddie! It will be good practice for me to send a package to Australia again, as I rarely get the chance to send items over your way.

Everyone, just a quick note to say that I do have a second one of these Zacuto Viewfinder Kits that's identical to the one I just sold to Eddie. It too will be all set up and ready to use on a Pentax K-1 or K-1ii camera body. So, if you are interested in that one please let me know.

Dave in Wisconsin USA

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-23-2020 at 04:53 PM.
11-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
pm sent