Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-28-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Pentax K-5 including: 18-55 WR, Promaster 70-300, Magnicon 28-70, YN560III Speedlite

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 including Pentax 18-55 WR, Promaster 70-300, Magnicon 28-70, YN560III Speedlite

Asking Price
165.00 USD

Item Location
Indiana (United States)

Item Description
K-5 with 48,755 on the shutter count $165 +Shipping

I've owned this K-5 since September 2014. I recently picked up a K-1, and it is time to pass this one on to another, to start their journey.

Known issues:

1. When the battery is at 100% (right off the charger) the mirror will have the flapping issue (Firmware is up to date) where the mirror moves with any button push. This goes away by turning the camera off, then back on. It can be annoying with a fresh battery, but I learned to work around it. I would have live view on for a few shots to help draw down the battery. Doesn't take much battery drain for the "flapping" to go away. (It's always done this).

Update 12-7-2020: My mirror flap, sounds like the mirror is moving twice the same time the shutter goes, and before the battery drops in voltage a bit, the sound is more like the mirror clicking up to be cleaned.
Happens on the freshly charged battery that has sat on the charger for several hours, or over night (8.2 volts on the battery). Did a little testing, and when the battery was down to 8.1 (49 photos and some live view of maybe 5 minutes) it wasn't making the noise anymore.

2. LCD has some de-lamination along the left side edge. This started 3 or so years ago. (See pictures).

3. Scratches and wear on buttons and body (See pictures)

4. Missing hot shoe cover.

Includes all items in pictures (and some items not in the pictures)

-Box, manual, papers, CD, 1 battery, charger, cables (PC and video), Pentax strap, wrist strap, sling strap, USB adapter (for an Android device) hot shoe adapter,SD card (in camera), APS-C swaps (Unopened, to chicken to try them) and some dust.

Also included:

Pentax 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR lens caps, hood and box.

Magnicon 28-70mm f3.5-4.5 AF, caps, box, no hood (Macro mode at 70mm is fun)

Promaster 70-300 f4-5.6 LD, caps, no hood or box (Shows up as Tamron in EXIF)

YN560III Speedlight, soft bag and diffuser (batteries in the diffuser cap to get you started)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
return accepted 7 days after receiving item. Shipping costs would not be refunded.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Riggomatic; 12-07-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: changed the shutter count and more info on the mirror flap issue
12-08-2020, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
PM replied to.

Sale pending
12-08-2020, 01:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
This is a great deal, I hope it will go to a good home