PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DFA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro Lens

Asking Price
225.00 USD

Item Location

Alexandria, Virginia (United States)

Item Description

I bought the beautiful Pentax DFA 100mm WR brand-new in 2012 but have only used it on a few occasions, so it is still in excellent condition. I am just not using it enough to justify holding onto it - I'm not a macro shooter. Though it also is great as a short telephoto prime, and WR is a bonus, and the metal barrel construction makes this really a Limited lens in all but name only. I really wanted to keep it but I also want to buy a new MacBook. This lens works on both full frame and crop sensor, and has awesome reviews: SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Reviews - D FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

It is easily one of, if not THE, sharpest lenses I have used for my Pentax DSLRs. I love the colors and bokeh it produces, and really lovely handling. The only downside as reviewers have noted is that the auto-focus can be slow but that's because it's designed to have macro capability and there's no focus limiter. Once you use the "quick shift" function to fine-tune the focus, the auto-focus is very speedy in locking onto its target. That said, this is not a lens for shooting fast sports or birds in flight.

Here are pictures of the lens, along with all accessories it comes with (original lens pouch, original hood, original front and rear caps, original box and paperwork). And I have also attached some sample pictures taken with it.

Asking $225, which includes the cost of shipping within CONUS as well as PayPal fees. I also accept Venmo.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?

Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?

Selling

Item Condition (Key)

Used

Excellent

Shipping Destinations

Continental USA

Shipping Charge

Included in asking price

Shipping Services

USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types

PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details

No returns please, lens is mechanically and optically outstanding, and I have described the condition accurately. Please view my feedback and buy with confidence!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 12-04-2023 at 02:40 PM.
12-04-2023, 02:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump! Get your holiday shopping done early - treat yourself!! Takes amazingly sharp pictures, even hand-held!
01-05-2024, 12:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Happy new year bump for a terrific lens! Willing to consider any reasonable offers.
03-27-2024, 04:12 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi,

is this lens still available?

03-29-2024, 10:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes still available but prefer selling to US location please.
04-01-2024, 10:27 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sale of lens pending… I will update and mark as sold as soon as transaction has been completed. Sad to see this marvelous lens go but I just don’t use it enough to justify hanging onto it.