Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-25-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Pentax K1 (w/battery grip) + Sigma 85 1.4 (rare) | RELISTED - Please read!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K1 (w/battery grip) - Sigma 85 1.4 (rare)

Asking Price
1,100.00 USD

Item Location
Denver (United States)

Item Description
**I am a motivated seller. I need to sell off this setup to invest in a proper backup for my Sony system. I was using this as a backup but need a second Sony body for video work. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Ideally, I would like to keep everything together in a group. If there's no interest in everything as a package, I will entertain selling things separately.

Each piece of this package is in excellent condition - this setup has spent most of its life in a controlled, studio environment. Additionally, I baby my gear obsessively.

If you would like to see additional, high-res images, please take a peek here.- NOTE - the Sigma 35 is no longer for sale.

*Pentax K1 with Pentax grip (D-BG6) - Excellent Condition - Camera data, per the tool here on the Forums: Shutter Count - Approximately 97,703 * Manufacture Date - 2016:09:23 * Software PENTAX K-1 Ver. 1.50 * SerialNumber - 7273192 * (the shutter is rated for 300,000+ actuations) | $800 | The actuations are high because I shoot a lot of commercial and editorial work which can really add up quickly, in terms of frames per session. The camera is in excellent condition. There is little to no body wear. Last year, I received the camera back from Precision Camera, under extended warranty, where SD Card Slot 1 was replaced (this was a factory issue and not due to any damage or misuse) and the entire camera was inspected, cleaned (including the sensor/mirror), and returned to factory defaults. The camera looks, feels, and functions damn-near brand-new. Precision essentially gave the camera an A+ bill of health. I have all of the relevant paperwork for the warranty service. The camera includes the original box, packaging, strap, body cap, battery, etc. I'm also including an additional authentic Pentax batter and charger.. After service, the K1 was reset to stock. However, I took a moment to recalibrate the Sigma 85 which required a micro-adjustment of -2 - now, the lens is spot-on wide open. Lastly, I will also include a Cactus V6 II HSS trigger. This trigger essentially translates the Pentax signal into either Nikon or Canon, allowing one to use propriety systems for Canikon, including HSS. I used this to take advantage of HSS when shooting the Godox/Flashpoint system of strobes.
**Upon thoroughly inspecting the K1, I did notice one minor issue. The AF button - on the back next to the aperture dial - is missing the cap. This is not due to damage or misuse. I use back-button focus exclusively and I think the constant use just wore down the adhesive. I had re-secured the button but it apparently fell off in storage. I scoured the area looking for the cap, to no avail. The button is still 100% functional as the post is in place and in great shape. This is an easy, direct-fix, or it can be used as-is without a problem. Since the cap is missing, I've decided to pack the whole lot in a near-new Lowepro 400 Flipside backpack. You can see the missing button here

*Sigma 85 1.4 - Excellent Condition | $500 | As it is no longer produced, his lens is a bit of a rarity. I know many prefer the 77 Ltd in this respective focal range, but I had the 77 and, personally, much prefer this lens. It's damn sharp, focuses quickly & quietly, and is well built. To me, the optical performance rivals the 85 ART. Like the 35, I had to make a small micro-adjustment to get the lens "dialed-in" but that's true for nearly every lens, of course. Also, like the 35, I've not had any issues with the lens not focusing properly, at any point in time. The only signs of wear are on the hood where there are a few minor scuffs here and there. The lens includes the original box, hood (main hood and hood extension for asp-c cameras), front cap, back cap, and pouch. This lens also serviced by Sigma under warranty - simply, for inspection and cleaning - and was brought back to like-new condition.

*Sigma EF 610 DG Super Flash - Like-New | $100 | This unit from Sigma is a high-output, flash specifically for the Pentax ecosystem. It features both TTL and HSS - both of which function flawlessly with the K1 and K3. The unit includes the original box and pouch. The flash was only used a couple of times for weddings. Other than that, it has lived its life in a drawer. I will also include a Rogue 3-in-1 flash grid set. Throwing this is a bonus as I have no use for it any longer.

**Total - sold individually | $1400

***Total - for setup as listed | $1100

***Whether you're an established or burgeoning photographer, this amazing setup allows for an immense amount of creative possibility and produces some of the highest quality imagery I've seen from Full Frame cameras. I've often been asked by colleagues and clients if I shoot in medium format. Those of you who know the K1, and this lense, know-how stellar they are when paired. Furthermore, I am happy to state that the Sigma lens is a great copy - I know that there can be some inconsistency in that regard. For 60% of a new K1, you can outfit yourself with a top-notch, versatile full-frame setup.

*Payment accepted via PayPal. I will cover the cost of insured shipping - and pack each item with the utmost care. Of course, since the items are not new, they are being sold as-is. With that being said, you can purchase with the knowledge and confidence that all items, minus the flash unit, have been serviced and cleaned under warranty. I am somewhat negotiable on price. However, please be reasonable. If you are only interested in one item, drop me a note, and I will notify you, in the order of inquiry, should I decide to sell items separately. Items will ship from Denver, Colorado via UPS.

If you have any questions, would like additional photos or videos, or anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this post or send me a direct message.

If you'd like to see a few examples of the type of imagery that this setup can produce, let me know and I will send you a few galleries.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
CO

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Since the items are not new, they are being sold as-is. With that being said, you can purchase with the knowledge and confidence that all items, minus the flash unit, have been serviced and cleaned under warranty; and have been in proper storage--unused--since servicing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Last edited by jonnycreative; 02-28-2021 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add image - pending sale - sale no longer pending -
02-25-2021, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Wow �� someone is going to score ��
02-25-2021, 03:22 PM   #3

Hopefully, you got my private message. Thank you.
02-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the outpouring of interest, all!

A sale is currently pending.