PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax KP Body Only with Screen Defect *PLEASE READ*

Asking Price
350.00 USD

Item Location
Maine (United States)

Item Description
For sale is a Pentax KP body. This camera works great other than the screen issue listed below. I've greatly enjoyed using it but after 15 years of shooting with Pentax DSLRs I am departing the DSLR world. I will also include an extra battery and charger (so you get two of each) as well as the original box, paperwork, and the extra small/large grip. The medium grip is what I used.

THE SCREEN:

The screen has a defect wherein it will go blank if rotated more than about 10 degrees from its flush position. The screen first shows odd colors, then goes black as you continue to rotate. The screen works fine as long as you keep flush to the camera and do not flip out. I'm sure this is repairable, but I am selling all my DSLR gear so it doesn't make sense for me to go down that path. I suspect it is an issue with the ribbon cable connection to the screen.

Note that the camera will continue to operate normally if the screen goes blank.

Other than this issue, the camera works fine. I have used it constantly since buying without any other issues.

CONDITION:

There are a few scrapes on the bottom and some light brassing or rubbing off of the silver paint on the bottom of the camera, see the photo below and look at the front bottom of the camera near the lens mount. Other than that, the camera doesn't have any major condition issues that I can spot.

SHUTTER COUNT:

24085. See attached screenshot. When you receive the camera there will likely be a few more shots as I intend to test it again before sending it out.

MISC NOTES:

I am also selling a FA 50mm 1.4 and a 15mm F/4 limited on the forums. If you want to buy more than one you can combine shipping and I'll also offer a $25 discount.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns unless the item is DOA. Please consult the photos and description carefully and ask for more detail/photos if needed.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G85  Photo   
06-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Wow. What a crazy problem. Does it happen on all different display options?
06-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Wow. What a crazy problem. Does it happen on all different display options?
Hi,

Yes it's independent of that. I'm fairly certain it's an issue with the physical connection, either screen to ribbon cable or cable to camera body.
06-16-2021, 11:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
This would be a great backup body for someone.

06-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi,
Could you be open to ship to Quebec?
I'm not able to find a new affordable body for me here, and maybe it would be great body even if I might have to repair it eventually.
Thanks
06-17-2021, 08:34 AM - 3 Likes   #6

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davros73 Quote
Hi,
Could you be open to ship to Quebec?
I'm not able to find a new affordable body for me here, and maybe it would be great body even if I might have to repair it eventually.
Thanks
Hi Davros,

The issue I've had in the past with shipping to Canada is that insured shipping is quite expensive. I'm willing to get a quote for you but it's generally upwards of $35-40 or more. I prefer not to ship uninsured.

---------- Post added 06-17-2021 at 10:43 AM ----------

I just want to note that sale of this camera is likely pending. I've gotten several PMs so I'm trying not to attract anyone else who will ultimately be disappointed. Will update if it falls through for whatever reason.