Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For Sale: PRICE REDUCED - SMC Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM lens - PRISTINE CONDITION
Listed: 09-14-2021, 03:32 AM Total Price: 699 Currency: GBP Item Location: UK City or State: Durham Shipping Destinations: Worldwide 

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM lens - PRISTINE CONDITION

Asking Price
699.00 GBP

Item Location
Durham (UK)

Item Description
With some reluctance, I'm offering for sale my superb SMC Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM lens, with original lens hood (including filter window insert), tripod foot, both caps, and soft case.

I bought this new in 2016 from SRS Microsystems here in the UK. Since then, it has been used on just a few select occasions, and I've cared for it like a favourite son. As a result, it's in absolutely pristine, "like new" condition.

I've examined it meticulously, and the only mark I can find is a really, really tiny one - about 1mm long - at the corner of the tripod mount base, which was there when I bought it new (see enlarged photo with mark circled in red). The body, body markings and gold accents, glass, AF / MF switch, rubber focus and zoom rings, mount, filter threads, hood mount, hood, tripod ring and tripod foot (save for the tiny mark already mentioned) are all perfect. Even the front and rear caps look like new, and the original soft lens bag has never been used outdoors. There is zero wear to the gold SDM contacts or the mount's electrical pins, and everything is spotlessly clean.

In use, the lens feels like a brand new unit. The zoom and focusing rings have no play in them and turn very smoothly with just the right amount of resistance, the AF / MF switch is positive in operation, while the SDM motor is as silent, strong and swift as the day it left the factory. It focuses accurately and without hesitation, requiring zero AF fine adjustment on my K-3 and K-3II. As a later example of the lens, there is every reason to assume the SDM motor will last a long time.

The lens has never been dropped, bumped, or jiggled around next to other equipment. It has not been modified, and has never required service or repair. On the rare occasions I've taken it out, I've carried it in a dry, well-padded camera bag in a compartment of its own. When in use, it has been fitted with a high-quality Marumi UV filter attached to protect the front element (I will include this in the sale). When not in use (which is most of the time), it has been stored on one of the shelves in my lens cupboard... a low-humidity environment of moderate 20 - 22 degrees celsius temperature, in a smoke-free and COVID-free home.

I mentioned that this is a reluctant sale, and it truly is. This DA*60-250 is one of the finest lenses I own, in terms of both optical performance and build quality. However, I increasingly prefer to travel with a light and compact kit, and the screw-drive HD DA55-300 - whilst optically inferior - better suits my needs these days. Furthermore, I'm getting into film photography and want to purchase some processing and scanning equipment, so I need to fund that somehow without dipping into savings! That said, I'm in no hurry... and if this lens fails to sell, I shan't be too disappointed

At current UK prices, the DA*60-250 sells for over GBP 1,200. A quick look at price history on the camerapricebuster website tells me it has not dropped below 949 any time in the last two years. Used examples can be found in Japan for around 650, but there's the not-inconsiderable matter of import duty and VAT to consider, not to menton the lottery that is claimed versus actual condition.

I am selling for 749 including insured shipping to mainland UK. This represents a huge saving on the current dealer price, and a considerable saving on the lowest recent discounted price, but reflects the pristine condition and history of the lens. I will ship outside the UK at additional cost, but import duties, taxes and any other fees are the buyer's responsibility. PayPal is preferred, but I may also accept sterling bank transfer, or cash on collection.

*** PRICED REDUCED to just 699 !! *** (includes shipping to mainland UK)

At this price, you're paying a tiny premium over typical, run-of-the-mill examples from Japan, but here you're getting a like new, one owner, genuine UK-market lens, with none of the worries or doubts about condition, history and SDM functionality. I won't be discounting the price any further, as the lens is easily worth this money. If it doesn't sell, I'll be content to keep it, use it, and raise my hobby funds some other way.

Due to the high value transaction, on this occasion I prefer to deal with established forum members only. Many thanks for your understanding

Thanks for looking, and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions

Best wishes

Mike

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included for mainland UK

Shipping Services
Insured Royal Mail or Courier

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal, Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
I am confident in my description of the lens and its condition. However, if the condition and/or function is substantially different than stated, I will be pleased to accept a return, with shipping at the buyer's expense. The item must be in exactly the same condition as supplied by me, packed well, and returned using an insured postal or courier service.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by BigMackCam; 8 Hours Ago at 03:39 AM.
Views: 606
09-16-2021, 06:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump... and inviting sensible offers. Thanks
4 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sunday bump...
8 Hours Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump... and price reduced to just 699 !!