PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Jupiter-9 85/2 M42 mount with PK adapter

Asking Price
125.00 USD

Item Location
NJ (United States)

Item Description
Selling my Jupiter-9, as I simply rarely use it. I bought it a few years ago when it had a bit of a popularity surge, but 85mm is a focal length that for whatever reason does not work for me.

I believe this is one of the older versions, and has only single coating. Lots of flare when used sans hood and the light isn't at your back. It's quite decently sharp wide open, and of course improves stopped down.

The lens is in good condition, with usage marks on the barrel and very slight marks on the glass - I would rate the glass as very good, with a typical amount of dust for its age inside. Excellent mechanically. One of the pics has a red arrow pointing at what appears to be a blemish on the focus ring, but is actually just a screw.

The lens comes from a clean, smoke-free home and has never been dropped, left in the car overnight, used in precipitation, etc. Cleaned only with Zeiss lens wipes.

Sale includes a cheap m42-K mount adapter with the spring removed. It is friction-fit onto the threads and has worked excellently for me. Also included are generic front and rear caps.

Edit: per stevebrot's helpfully informative post, this lens is made by LZOS and has a serial number of N7804932.

Asking $125/shipped or best offer. Shipping is included for USA residents, at cost worldwide.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free for CONUS, at cost worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail w/Insurance

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
return accepted if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by luftfluss; 05-23-2022 at 05:20 PM.
01-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 69 (100%)
PM sent...
01-17-2022, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I believe this is one of the older versions, and it either has no coatings or minimal.
A little supplemental information...

The first two digits of the serial number indicate the year of manufacture. The body style varies by mount and maker, though all share the same optics. All versions have coated optics with some of the most recent being multi-coated. I am pretty sure that M42 versions were only made by KMZ and LZOS as identified by logo.

KMZ

Name:  kmz-old-logo.gif
Views: 84
Size:  452 Bytes

LZOS

Name:  lzos-logo.gif
Views: 87
Size:  981 Bytes

Steve
01-17-2022, 08:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A little supplemental information...

The first two digits of the serial number indicate the year of manufacture. The body style varies by mount and maker, though all share the same optics. All versions have coated optics with some of the most recent being multi-coated. I am pretty sure that M42 versions were only made by KMZ and LZOS as identified by logo.

KMZ

Attachment 562104

LZOS

Attachment 562105

Steve
Thank you, Steve. I'll update my OP.