Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PP Challenge #25 WINNER!

First of all, i would like to thank everyone who participated on the challenge! I hope you all had fun on it,
great entrys from everyone, you made it very hard for me to judge!

Ash- Love the colours and texture of the blue on the boat, and the slight crop works nice too. Great pp work!

Alex00- The shade of blue you got the sky in this is beautiful! And the boats and mud have great natural colour too,
it could have been improved with a slight crop to get that boat on the far right out of the picture and a level adjustment
would have helped too. Great work none the less!

jmschrei- Excellent sepia/old time feel conversion, this is something that i would have done. Excellent crop and straighten
too. Great job!

yeatzee- Great contrast with the mud and blue, nice and straight too! The redish black sky does look a bit un-natural.
Great first attempt!

dandog- I love the pano crop on this, something that alot of people overlook when doing crop work! Great colours and
contrast too. Excellent job!

ramseybuckeye- Very nice crop and straighten, whislt keeping the image very natural. Great job!

Tamia- The yachtman's nightmare. Wow now thats a very different approach! I can see you have a great pp skill set!
Well done!

EricT - Another wow image! This image you created here looks so real its not funny! Excellent work!

twokatmew- I get a hdr feel from your submission and i like it!Great colours for a dark image, makes the boat look very dirty.
Great work!

ozlizard- Nice canvas work, thats something you dont see alot of people do! Nice work!

slinco- Excellent black and white conversion! Nice crop and great tone's! Great pp work here!

xs400- You acheived the "golden hour" look very nice in this image and i think it suits the image quite well!

It took me a long time to decide on so many great entrys, alot of people made the easy mistake of forgetting to
straighten the horizon.

I would have liked to select multiple winners but there can only be one winner.

And the winner is slinco! Excellent pp work, i spent alot of time looking at this image and i just could not fault it!
This would be something i would like to have hanging on my wall, well done!

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 02-08-2011 at 02:21 AM.
05-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Inactive Account

yep, i agree that is a stunning b/w conversion, well done!
and thanks for hosting TOUGEFC.
05-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Slinco. The more I work with B&W conversions the more I am coming to appreciate its challenges. And thank you to TOUGEFC for your kind comments on my entry and such a fun challenge subject. What a creative range of entries! It is amazing how one can be freed to push the envelope with another person's work.

-Joe
05-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Slinco, and thanks for a fun challenge, TOUGEFC, as well as for the comments on my entry. EricT, yours really DID give me nightmares, it was so realistic!

05-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats, Slinco! Thanks for hosting, tougefc, and for your comments on my entry.
05-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done, Slinco. Nice work on the B&W conversion.

Thanks tougefc for hosting and for all your comments.
05-31-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Good stuff Slinco.
Was fun getting involved.
Bring on the next challenge!

05-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well done Slinco a really good black and white rendition and thanks to tougefc for another great challenge!
05-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Wow, thanks TOUGEFC and everybody for the compliments. I'm a bit of a boat fanatic so this was a fun image to work on.

I'll dig though my files and try and get a new challenge up in the next few days.

Thanks again!!
06-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Congratulations, Slinco, and thanks for a fun challenge, TOUGEFC, as well as for the comments on my entry. EricT, yours really DID give me nightmares, it was so realistic!
Thanks for the kind comment. This was a fun photo to work on.
And congrats to slinco, great work!