Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I tried reloading it again:
Where? It's not in any of your posts in this thread.

06-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twokatmew Quote
Where? It's not in any of your posts in this thread.
Well, I'm trying again: (Simulated Infrared effect) I like the hazy effect this creates.

Last edited by jimH; 06-07-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Add discription
06-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Here's mine,
Very cool, TOUGEFC, looks almost computer generated!
06-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well, here's my attempt. I thought the lines of the left building, and the way these and the lines of the building on the right converges, were the most interesting aspects of this image, so I cropped to emphasize this. Then I adjusted the individual color channels using curves to get some interesting colors, almost LOMO like.
I also used some selective blurring.

06-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Here's my attempt. went a little crazy on this one! Fun one to work with. sharpened, saturated, diffused blur layer, sepia tone layer, translucent posterized layer, some added grain to give it texture and mood....uhmmm i think that about does it....here's the result

Last edited by landscaped1; 07-20-2010 at 11:43 AM.
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Well, I'm trying again:
In the interest of learning how to post photos on this site, can anyone tell me if I finally succeeded in getting my effort to show up?
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the interest of learning how to post photos on this site, can anyone tell me if I finally succeeded in getting my effort to show up?
It is not showing up yet. It's must feel like you are posting from a black hole. Are you trying to attach a file or link to a host site?

Keep trying!

-Joe

06-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
It is not showing up yet. It's must feel like you are posting from a black hole. Are you trying to attach a file or link to a host site?

Keep trying!

-Joe
I'm using the links at the bottom of the image that are displayed on my albums page on this site. I don't think that I'm doing anything wrong, but whatever it is, it isn't working for me. At any rate, when I log on to this thread, I always see my posts. I don't understand why no one else can see them. Must be black magic.
06-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm using the links at the bottom of the image that are displayed on my albums page on this site. I don't think that I'm doing anything wrong, but whatever it is, it isn't working for me. At any rate, when I log on to this thread, I always see my posts. I don't understand why no one else can see them. Must be black magic.
I have found it very frustrating to try to post an image from my gallery on this site to a thread. Usually I give up. Are you possibly trying to link an image that you have restricted viewing access to (ie. just for friends and family or something)? That may be why you can see it but no one else can. I am hardly an expert, I only just started sharing photos online a few months ago but these are my thoughts.

-Joe
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And now for something completely different
Name:  pp26.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  131.1 KB
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Architectural photos are not my usual cup of tea so decided to go for a bit of " a dark mysterious look". Sure are some different takes on this one!

06-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Are you possibly trying to link an image that you have restricted viewing access to (ie. just for friends and family or something)? That may be why you can see it but no one else can.

-Joe
Thanks Joe! I checked the album from which I posted the photo and it was marked private. I changed it to public. Now we will see what happens. Let me know if you can now see my posting, thanks. Jim
06-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Architectural photos are not my usual cup of tea so decided to go for a bit of " a dark mysterious look". Sure are some different takes on this one!
I like that, it's imaginative.

Jim
06-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Joe! I checked the album from which I posted the photo and it was marked private. I changed it to public. Now we will see what happens. Let me know if you can now see my posting, thanks. Jim
Success Jim, your image has appeared!

-Joe
06-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Success Jim, your image has appeared!

-Joe
Thanks for your help Joe, you've saved me a lot of frustration. Jim