Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2010, 01:11 AM - 3 Likes   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My pleasure guys.

I do receive a notification. It comes up in the Private Messages area in the top right hand corner - stating "Unread Picture Comment/s". Of course, this doesn't notify of updates on my comments to others photos, but certainly does let me know if any of you have commented on anything in my Album.

Is this not the same for you all?...or have I misinterpreted?

Last edited by stillshunter; 09-03-2010 at 04:28 AM.
09-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marlboroman Quote
Yesterday Creativity sparked in me, tried a to shoot through a bunch of glasses. It did not result in a usable pic but it was something new for me nontheless.

Did not come home yet to upload day 2 (party all night!), but i do have the feeling that i already got something for day 3 (on the way from party to work). I should shoot more often in the morning.

I also have had creativity thrust upon me. I did not have a chance to get a shot off before the light started to fade this evening and was starting to think about what I could shoot inside when the idea struck me that the circumstances were ideal for slow shutter speed and capturing motion.

I've never taken one like this before. Really enjoying the challenge.

Good luck with the all-night partying, I don't think I'd survive one anymore - I imagine you don't have two young children hanging off you yet!
09-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #153
Inactive Account

Gudday Samski 1

Someone else with internet problems in a land with broadband for everyone?

We're on a radio link from a tower about 8 K's away...good enough in clear weather but downtime in bad maybe 3 or 4 times a year! We're in mid central Vic running off old PMG 8 core copper cable so broadband is not an option!

What are you on?....liked the sheep thing cobber!

Cheers Paddy.
09-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #154
axl
Inactive Account

Ok, day 3 was challenging. Had people harassing me about permission to photograph on the Westfield premises
Will be uploading pics for days 2&3 later today.

09-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think day 3 was great as I actually bothered to to get out of the house for a walk. I do not know how I am doing in terms of creativity, but the long lens is inspiring. It is most different to my usual prime lenses in the sheer bulk of it. I have had a few "oh thats huge!", "don't shoot!!" etc. from neighbors who usually neglect to comment on my K20D/21mm combo. I am learning though!

Oh! And I will happily join the long line of "Add Reputation" to Stillshunter :-)
09-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
My pleasure guys.

I do receive a notification. It comes up in the Private Messages area in the top right hand corner - stating "Unread Picture Comment/s". Of course, this doesn't notify of updates on my comments to others photos, but certainly does let me know if any of you have commented on anything in my Album.

Is this not the same for you all?...or have I misinterpreted?
I get the same notification to comments posted about my pics, and if I click on the notifications tab, it shows which photos have unread comments. It then "zeros" out when I've read them.
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #157
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks jheu02. So is everyone else getting the "Unread Picture Comments"? To be honest, I'd be lost without them!

Thanks all for the kind comments. I did anticipate some benefits of this challenge; mainly that devotion to a single lens and the need to get out and shoot would spark some creativity. What I did not predict, and what I am really enjoying, is looking at other people's images. I'm finding it very very inspiring. I'd have thought I'd be more fixated on what each lens can do, but I'm actually finding it more about what and how the photographer's eye sees. I am really getting a buzz out of each of your perspectives...and they are so varied. Thank you all for sharing. We are making quite a motley crew. I also think that by Day 30 I might have made a strong and enduring friendship or two

09-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #158
Veteran Member

On notifications, I see them now. Thank you for pointing that out!
09-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #159
Veteran Member

Day 3 has been tough so far! I still don't have a shot, and im busy for the rest of the day :ugh:

I can't seem to find anything to shoot, and the goldmine area I planned on doing 90% of the photo's is now off limits to me

Im hoping to improvise and try a macro today with a reversed prime on the end of the 135mm.... but alas my macro flash setup doesn't reach the end of the lens :ugh:

Time to macgyver it
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #160
axl
Inactive Account

my days 2 & 3 are up!
2nd of September was easy, they guy was good subject to be photographed but I was struggling on third. Yes on 3rd!!! 27 to go... oh well, it looks like my creativity will be pushed quite a bit over the next few weeks
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #161
mdf
Inactive Account

Congrats to all of you, it's a challenge for me trying to keep up with your skills and talent.
09-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #162
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah there's some real gems out there - again, I'm enjoying the viewing as much as the taking.

I have to ask is the 'm' in your 'mdf' moniker a designate for "modesty", because your outputs with the 'old' 35mm are certainly up there too mate!
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #163
Veteran Member

My 4 days are up and running.( I am one day ahead of many of the other participants geographically speaking!) I think I have given myself quite a challenge using a Prime 300mm lens. But then, that is what is all about I suppose
I have had 4 very wet days here so far, just to add to the challenge.
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #164
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
My 4 days are up and running.( I am one day ahead of many of the other participants geographically speaking!) I think I have given myself quite a challenge using a Prime 300mm lens. But then, that is what is all about I suppose
I have had 4 very wet days here so far, just to add to the challenge.
Some days I can manual focus better than others. Some days I can nail it and others I can't hit the ground with my hat.
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #165
Veteran Member

I've been "locked" inside the house for a week - busy patient schedules, but now - three day weekend is here!!! Going to venture out into the outside world tomorrow morning, deep into the country side in search of an interesting subjects and looking forward to it a great deal!

In the mean time, dark outside, relaxing on the back deck, enjoying browsing trough everyone's photos! Happy shooting and great weekend to all!

Regards,
D