Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It's hard to get creative when working long hours. I'm in much the same boat this week. I resorted to bringing my camera to work Sunday. However, next week will be wonderful as I'm on vacation and the National custom car show in Lake George and the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival on the calender. Now if I can just get through the next 3 days.....
You guys have work, I've got school for 6ish hours and several more devoted to homework after

09-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It's hard to get creative when working long hours. I'm in much the same boat this week. I resorted to bringing my camera to work Sunday. However, next week will be wonderful as I'm on vacation and the National custom car show in Lake George and the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival on the calender. Now if I can just get through the next 3 days.....
The 10-17 should be just the ticket at the Baolloon Fest. Looking forward to the shots!
09-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #213
Veteran Member

HOW LBA PROJECT RUINED MY LIFE!

Ok, so I went to the cabin for the long weekend. I took my project lens (500mm) and I was so impressed with what the fish-eye people are doing with their lens I took my 10-17.

I get to the lake and I am offered a job! Get some fall 'desktop' photos of a new lot for the owner's work/home computer... I am 400km from my lens... sigh... so I have the 10-17mm and the 500mm range covered... never wanted different lens so bad... even my 18-250! or at least a 50 or 70... really anything!!!

But I got to thinking... what would Lisa do... and it worked... I got some nice sweeping landscapes and boat shots... but I learned my lesson... and I will always have a normal lens with me from now on!!
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #214
Veteran Member

I've just posted my first shot, as September has been a challenge, I started school on the 1st, my car broke down, jet lagged after traveling 20+ hours... not fun so far. But I have one pic from the 5th and one will be up from today too! :-P

09-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #215
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry folks, I've been super quiet...my wireless connection went down and only just came back up....that'll teach me to live rural and 85kms for the nearest urban enclave.

I'll be looking at posted photos soon.

Meanwhile, seems others have also been struggling. I hear ya, and am pulling my socks up from today.
09-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote

Ok, so I went to the cabin for the long weekend. I took my project lens (500mm) and I was so impressed with what the fish-eye people are doing with their lens I took my 10-17.

I get to the lake and I am offered a job! Get some fall 'desktop' photos of a new lot for the owner's work/home computer... I am 400km from my lens... sigh... so I have the 10-17mm and the 500mm range covered... never wanted different lens so bad... even my 18-250! or at least a 50 or 70... really anything!!!

But I got to thinking... what would Lisa do... and it worked... I got some nice sweeping landscapes and boat shots... but I learned my lesson... and I will always have a normal lens with me from now on!!
Boy, do I sympathize...
Been there, done that.
Now the much maligned, under appreciated but solid kit lens never leaves my bag.
09-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #217
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote

LOl...that is so sweet! Thanks for that...made my day!

09-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #218
Banned

I cheated a bit with my 50F2 today. Had to try it with my cheap extension tubes when I saw the beautiful little crab spider. I hope I won't be drummed out of the corp..
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #219
Veteran Member

I worked late tonight, and was thinking on the way home........what the hell am I going to shoot tonight? Lo and behold, my pop calls and he found ANOTHER Spotmatic at Goodwill.......... Instant subject !! weeeeeeeeeee I now am the proud owner of 3 screw mount Pentax cams.... Now I might catch the dreaded CBA, I kinda want to get all of the Spotmatic series now, sheesh....
09-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #220
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I struggled today...what the heck am I gonna shoot? And everything I did shoot was just blechhh---------->
Settled on yet another bridge image which seemed to work out the best of the sad-ass bunch....not a good day at all.
09-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just posted day 7. Rain all day today, so that's what I shot. You could call it creative but in reality it was just desperation.

Stillhunter thank you for starting this, I am actually forced to learn how to use a lens instead of just changing to another.

It has not helped the LBA however, just bought an SMC Takumar 300/f4!!
09-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #222
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
You guys have work, I've got school for 6ish hours and several more devoted to homework after
where are those times.......????
gosh, I feel old now....
I work 8hrs +1hr unpaid lunch + 3hrs commuting. And to add insult to injury, I work in place that is not photographer friendly... now that's what I call challenge
----
edit: just finished my day 7 pics, now I just have to choose
09-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #223
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I cheated a bit with my 50F2 today. Had to try it with my cheap extension tubes when I saw the beautiful little crab spider. I hope I won't be drummed out of the corp..
well worth it IMO...
09-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #224
mdf
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
We all struggle sometimes, so I found this quote:

Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop – Ansel Adams
09-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #225
Site Supporter

I'll get the images I've been taking posted this weekend.